Beiträge von maddinMP

I now followed the method described by ryecoaaron for Jedge starting with this post: RE: WebUi login failed

Successfully installed omv5 this way, ssh is working, but I still can't access the web interface ("502 Bad Gateway nginx")

and the command omv-salt deploy run nginx doesn't work, see terminal output, but nginx and php can be started anyway:

Strange.

Edit: I am still able to access the stored files on the NAS via SFTP over internet. It's just the web interface that doesn't work.

did you find a more detailed log explaining the reason for the non-zero return code?

The reason is explained one line above in the log, I think:

/root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt: 13: /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt: omv-salt: not found

which I read as: line 13 of the script calls omv-salt, which can't be found, so the script is exiting.

The script run.d/81-apt-dist-upgrade-omv that you mention did run already before /post.d/70-omv-salt is executed, see line 7878 of my log:

run-parts: executing /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/run.d/81-apt-dist-upgrade-omv

But it doesn't upgrade omv, only removes openmediavault package and others, I don't know why.

dleidert: I finally found the posts of alen and evanfromiowa that seem to have hit similar problems.

So I followed the steps from your post #50

RE: Upgrade Scripts for non-interactive major release upgrades (2->3, 3->4, 4->5)

without commenting out backports, but unfortunately without success:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7# sudo apt-cache policy openmediavault
    openmediavault:
      Installed: (none)
      Candidate: 5.6.13-1
      Version table:
         5.6.13-1 500
            500 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public usul/main armhf Packages
         4.1.36-1 -1
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Seems like there is no version of omv installed at all now, and sudo run.d/81-apt-dist-upgrade-omv updates nothing but monit:

Edit: the funny thing is that I can still access the data via SFTP, so the OMV4 installation is still there and functional.

Do you have any suggestions?

omv-salt: command not found

Hello, I upgraded from OMV 4 to 5 on an RasPi2 with the script of dleidert -great work, thank you so much!- and am stuck with the following error message:

/root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt: 13: /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt: omv-salt: not found

run-parts: /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt exited with return code 127

I searched the forum but didn't find something helpful on that issue, at least nothing that I recognized as helpful...

I am able to ssh as root into the installation and also can use the SFTP connection to acces my data, but have no web GUI, only a blank page and the message:

403 Forbidden

nginx

To upgrade, I followed the instructions here

omv-extras repos moving to github

then I closed all services except ssh and also uninstalled omv-extras and several other plugins that were unused or that possibly could make problems.

Then I ran the script as root, using screen, as recommended.

I have no idea what went wrong, can anybody help? The logfile is attached.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your advice. Do I get you right: if I remove and reinstall the "openmediavault" package via apt on the commandline, the configuration of my system should remain untouched?
    If something goes wrong: which files from a backup would I use to restore the configuration?

And YES! OMV on a RasPi2 is what I want!
    Perfect for hosting few files that from time to time have to be accessed via internet. No need for more speed and more money to spend.

Hello,

voilà my problem:

upgrading from Debian Jessie to Debian Stretch and then from OMV3 to OMV4 worked pretty well on my RasPi2.

I am still able to connect to the installation via ssh an can access the storage via ssh, too. But the web-surface doesn't work anymore: after filling in the local IP address I get the Login-page, fill in name and password, then the screen gets a little darker, it says "Bitte warten...", the Address is shown in the status bar at the bottom of the page but finally there appears only the blue openmediavault logo in the upper left corner, the rest of the page remains light grey.

When I then clear the browser cache, there appears the red and black warning frame about a broken connection, and I can restart the same thing all over.

I think there might be a problem with the .json files in /var/cache/openmediavault, because after the upgrade, I had to restore them from a backup that I made before starting the upgrade.

Is it possible to reinstall only these files without losing all of the configuration?

Thank you for your help!