Beiträge von Komerad

How risky is this? (breaking the omv becaus of..?)
    How future proof is it? (Getting buggy as clients update to newer versions, requiring recompiling?)

Will replace the xtreamer(has trouble with xjukebox and shares) with a raspbmc.
    If this works well i might replace the popcorn hour aswel.
    Thats where it gets interesting to have a xbmc backend managing the libraries. And if possible skins etc.

ps how annoying is :

Zitat

Known issues:
    - xbmc-server will crash, if you browse the Database with the XBMC-WebGUI

?

The features i like webmin for is :

More info on the smart for example. The temperature color for a failing disk shows red in the overview.
    Something that would be nice to see in ovm too.

Also the custom commands are easy. Create a button that performs a command. Faster then logging in on ssh to perform it when its just for a simple task.

And ofcourse other stuff like setting up squid & calamaris very handy if you force your network to use the nas as gateway for making your internet(http) faster, less bandwith consuming and filtering for the kids.

Its a choise you make :

Horsepower vs Low energy consumption.

I have chosen a MSI C847MS-E33. It's "Intel® Celeron 847/ 1.1 GHz/ Dual-Core" is still powerfull for an onboard chip and low on energy consumption.
    For me a nas is something that is working in the background. I don't need an archive to be verified and unpacked in 2 minutes, 5 or even 10 is just fine most of the time i don't even know.
    I even have sabnzbd do a pre check(makes it slow) to avoid broken downloads.

How many disks you are going to pop in?
    Pci-ex > pci
    I have 10 hotswaps + 1internal ssd for os. Got one spare sata.
    Used : http://www.pcworld.com/product/pg/785851347/detail
    Up to 32 devices. but ideal 8.

I know, its just annoying ;)

Edit : formatted and deleted partition, now omv does not complain anymore but at 80+% the loop starts again.
    running debian now.

FYI this is the loop :
    (first time it does not complain about the unclean disk, it just pops out to the scrambled installer screen.)

oh well fu tinypic lol. perfect illustration of how well my life goes at the moment.

I have been through some adventure trying to make a ibm serveraid m1015 work.
    Tought it was possible without flashing the card but in the end it was the only thing i could do.
    In the process of trying i put debian testing(ext4) on the disk.

Now I tried to install omv on that disk.
    Got messages about installing to an "unclean" disk but nothing i could do about it.
    I got no visual confirmation omv handled this properly => formating the disk.
    Also the partinioning did not work => impossible to do it manualy.
    Actualy its some kind of loop and in the end all one can do is to install on this "unclean" disk.

Few years ago we builded a debian based distro too and also found out that once you start on the installer weird things can happen :D

Unless i got a bad card beware of : "highpoint rocket 640L"
    Even not in raid the controller is unstable as hell. I will need to replace it.
    It turns ext4 into ro mode, disks just go offline etc etc.

Edit :

Bought an ibm serveraid m1015 and it works well. The card needs to be flashed to a hba but this one works.

Its ok think i better let this go.

It's directly at root :

/MovieJukebox

so the executable is :
    /MovieJukebox/MovieJukebox.sh
    and the xml is :
    /MovieJukebox/libraries.xml

The syntax in the code example does not matter much, it returns what i feed it and i tried just about anything.

I'm having a weird problem with "MovieJukebox". I asked for this on the official forums but i gues the problem is to weird.

I tried many different ways and things but MovieJukebox just can't see the libraries.xml that sits right next to it.
    Anyone here happens to use moviejukebox and had this problem befor? (Just in case something mediavault related is interfering somehow even tho i can't see how.)

I have installed nut on the latest omv(using the plugin installer feature.)

But nothing shows up anywhere. Is it in a hidden spot? Or magic trick to get it in the webgui?

I removed the one from the script.
    I do get better results with the regular version (might be luck?)
    But still restarting through gui does not work.
    After a few hours it does not move movies anymore. Even tho couchpotato is just idle as sab is processing the list at that point.
    couchpotato is also a cpu hog. It is dominating the cpu usage pushing it to its limits the longer it runs (even without tasks given.)
    cpu celeron 847 @1.1Ghz
    It does move more movies and also the subtitles are done now (I got only 1 subtitle with the script install). Now i get all subs(if available) after the move.
    Subs do have a .lang.srt thingy and popcorn hour does not like that.

I will test further if i get some time. Might install a clean debian or ubuntu to check if it has something to do with the os somehow but i doubt it.
    Rather seems couchpotato is unstable as is.

I deinstalled couchpotato using the script and installed from debian repo.
    Works much better now, moves all movies and add all subtitles and doesnt hog the cpu anymore.
    2 more questions tho :

How on earth do i prevent the subtitles from having the language code in the naming (movietitle.year.nl.srt)?
    I think i'm not using the right query on google to get an answer as i can't even find one that even comes close.

I might ask on cp(need to register there) how to auto start it? It seems to need user couchpotato and something with opt.

Need some sleep now this thing gave me a headache litteraly.(to few sleep)

I find couchpotato very unstable and unreliable.
    It sometimes moves a movie, mostly it does not.
    If i restart using cp's webui it always loads forever. (litteraly!)
    If i reboot omv it moves movies.
    It downloads not even 2% of the subtitles. (even if there are subtitles.)
    Does not always clean up the originals.
    Its just a 'random' disaster.

Is this common?
    Is there a difference having this installed through the script or having an install from debian repo?