Posts by SaviorCalabro

Two questions.

1. Can you still log in to the terminal for OMV (not the GUI).

2. Can you still access the storage from other computers?

good morning and merry christmas.

I turned off all HDDs from the power, I left only the SSD with OMV4 active.

So I used the USB stick with the G-Parted software.

I found that all 20GB of the SDD was full.

I had left 35GB unallocated, so I created a single 55GB partition.

I rebooted, and from the WebGUI I put the username and password back, and by magic everything works.

Thanks to the help of gderf
    it remains for me to find, the reason for the data overload on an SSD that I don't insert any files

storage path set to the default: /var/lib/docker

thanks for your answer.

i checked in, var / lib / docker,

I found a folder named "overlay2" with 13GB of occupied space.

Analyzing a multitude of folders, I found files named "error-log" of exorbitant size,

crammed into folders named "nginx".

Qustion. Can I delete these files?

I am fairly sure that only if the system disk is full there will be problems logging in. How full the other disks are shouldn't matter, at least not for logging in. But if you can move some files around and free up some space on all disks it wouldn't hurt.

good morning and thank you very much for pointing me to the solution.

I turned off all the HDDs from the power supply, I only left the SSD with OMV4 active.

it didn't let me connect to the WebGUI even with all HDDs disconnected.

So I used the USB key with the software to partition the HDDs, from there I found that the SDD had 20GB occupied for the whole. I had left 35GB unallocated.

So I made a whole 55GB partition.

I rebooted and everything started working.

question: why the 8GB of OMV4 became 20GB?

I never put any FILES on this SSD.

Does OMV4 create temporary files and overload the space where it is installed?

That should be more than enough free space to allow login. I don't know what else could be preventing it.

I also check the other HDDs and I hope to find the problem. I have a question OMV I installed it in an SSD but the files I use are on other 5 different HDDs, but if one of these is full, the WebGUI crashes anyway?

login doesn't work

If I log in from WebGUI with user and password it does not let me enter the OMV interface. it always brings me back to login. it doesn't give me any kind of error

please ask for help

it has always worked for months, today it doesn't let me enter the interface anymore

buongiorno ho un grosso problema dal browser non riesco ad entrare nella home page di OMV non capisco il perche. ci sono sempre entrato e ho configurato tutte le cartelle e gli utanti ma oggi quando metto user e password fa il loginma invece di entrare, mi ritorna la paggina del login

perfavore vi chiedo aiuto....

You are taking what could be one line of shell code and turning it into I do not know what.

Sorry, but if you want to continue on the path you are on now I can't help you.

After reducing the size of the HDD partition, I connected the SSD to the machine's motherboard and restarted the machine in the Clonezilla utility, entered the Bash shell interface and checked both the disk partition table and the dimensions using the following commands.

# fdisk -l /dev/sda

# fdisk -l /dev /sdb

here I have taken note of the position of the disks

sda 64GB SSD sdb HDD 320GB

then I entered the dd command

# dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=1

After cloning the MBR, I ran the fdisk -l command again to check if the partition table matches on both disks.

I quit the Bash shell

with the exit command

Now, that's all right, I started the Clonezilla utility, I selected the device-device mode, run the wizard for beginners and select the part-to-local_part cloning option.

I chose the first local partition from the list (sdb1 - System Reserved) as the source and I pressed the Enter key to continue.

So, I chose the local destination partition, which will be the first partition from the second disk, (sda1) and I hit the Enter key to continue.

In the next screen I chose Ignore check/repair file system and I pressed the Enter key again to continue.

Finally, I hit the Enter key again to continue and I twice answered with yes (y) to accept the warnings and start the cloning process.

when it was finished I turned it off I removed the HDD physically from the PC,

and I booted with SSD and it worked perfectly

Thank you so much gderf for making me reason, on all the steps to do

I can make no sense of them.

OK I'll explain them in detail

From OMV Boot into CloneZilla

enter on Enter_Shell> CMD

in the shell I type (sudo su)

then type (fdisk -l)

check how the discs are indicated

sdb 320GB sda 64GB

then type the DD command

(dd if = / dev / sdb of = / dev / sda bs = 512 count = 1)

Reboot

Boot into CloneZilla

enter on Enter_Shell> CMD

I write (sui ^ c) send and type (sudo su) and again (fdisk -l)

I check the screen if everything is ok

and finally (fdisk / de ^ c) then exit again exit

start clonezilla

send on "device-device mode"

then on "beginner"

below on "part_to_local_part"

I select HDD sdb1 as source, SSD sda1 as destination

skip checking / repairing source file system

yes twice

rerun

device-device mode

beginner

part_to_local_part

sdb2 as source

sda2 as destination

yes twice

Remove CloneZilla

Reboot

I hope it all works out

you understand now?

Exactly what are you expecting to happen when you run that dd command?

I did this:

Boot into CloneZilla

Enter Shell

sudo su

fdisk -l (to ensure disks)

then if I understand I have to do this

dd if = / dev / sdb of = / dev / sda bs = 512 count = 1 (to detect partitions)

Reboot

Boot into CloneZilla

device-device mode

beginner

part_to_local_part

sdb1 as source

sda1 as destination

yes twice

rerun

device-device mode

beginner

part_to_local_part

sdb2 as source

sda2 as destination

yes twice

Remove CloneZilla

Reboot

Success!

I believe these are the steps

gderf

I have documented myself

and I understand that

dd if = $ input_data of = $ output_data [options] Drive-to-drive duplication

in my case I have the source (320GB sdb)

the destination (sda 64GB)

so the cloning command is:

dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdb bs=512 count=1 (to detect partitions)

all this I do from the clonezilla shell

Did I understand well?

Be careful when you are logged in as the root user. root has full control over everything and there is little if any protection from making mistakes that can have major consequences up to and including destroying the operating system.

Read and try to understand the dd man page and/or google for information on how to use dd to duplicate disks. There are many sources for this information.

Pay particular attention to matters concerning being absolutely positively sure about the device you choose to be the output of the dd command. There is no sanity checking, no popup warnings, no "Are you sure Y/n? prompts, etc.

dd shows no mercy. The output device will be completely overwritten with no possibility of recovery. If you chose the wrong disk as the destination, too bad so sad.

I am going to clone the large sized disk

so you don't miss the OMV system

I have another hard drive of the same size

so first clone it with clonezilla

then I try to transfer to small SSD