Beiträge von sabamimi

OK geaves, your command did work.
    Docker created a random name for the new Portainer container , but I did not lose any existing containers.
    I guess I can now remove the old (stopped) Portainer container and try to rename the new one.
    Thanks for your help !

You're welcome, see my post 5

Ok this is where you are going to have educate the uneducated :) a quick google points me to a discontinued Squeezebox Radio, if that is what you you referencing now it makes sense :)

You are welcome....
    to come back to my original question:
    "Where should i do this modification in OVM5 ?"
    (and is this modification "OVM5 upgrade compatible ?")

Yes you can start squeezebox server docker using any port number .....but the Radio clients are searching the local area network Squeezebox servers on port number 9000 (hard coded value in the Squeezebox server / client Radios schema) ....so yes the container will start OK but the Radio (hardware) will never "see" the server.

OK, port 9000 is for the GUI if you redirect it or bind it to another port on the host then it should work but then perhaps this might help as this is suggesting to 'bind' the portainer port to another port on the host. After all portainer is in itself a container.

Thanks for your answer:
    Yes, I know that I should be able to run Portainer using a different port number then 9000 since it is a container.
    My question is "Where should i do this modification in OVM5 ?" (and is this modification "OVM5 upgrade compatible ?")

My understanding is it's irrelevant as you can 'bind' the container port to a port on the host so say Squeezebox 9001:9000 -> outside:inside.

Unfortunately this is not true(not applicable) for Squeezebox that used 9000 port for the communication between server and clients (Hard coded !)

Hello to all,

My OVM5 server is running well with 25 Docker containers up and running.
    I have the following question:
    Is it possible to change the port number (9000) used by Portainer?
    The reason I would like to free 9000 is to use it for the Squeezebox (logitech) container that need a 9000 port (hard coded value).

Do you know if and where I can change the Portainer 9000 port ? and if this modification will be "upgrade" compatible?

Thanks for your help (really appreciated :) )

This works fine if you have a fairly large OS disk Some of those containers folders can get very large. Read the threads where people are complaining their OS disk is full. Once they get some help trouble shooting the issue, I'd say a good 75-80% of the time, it's docker causing their disk to be full (and a vast majority of those times, it's a Plex or Emby docker... I've seen those databases top out 100gigs a few times)
    If you're running a small OS disk (like a flash drive, or a small cheap SSD)... it would probably behoove those folks to get their containers off the OS drive.

Thanks for the warning KM0201 and gderf, I have a 256 GB SSD OS and a nice 16 TB sharedfolders file system using LVM2 with 4 disks in a new installation of OMV5.
    For now I think I will just wait and see
    Thanks again your feedback is appreciated.

What I dont really understand is why you dont just use the option to change the docker base path in the omv-extras plugin? This is the easiest way.

OK , just to clarify what happened to me:
    - I first used the option to change the docker base path in the omv-extras plugin + I did not reboot = no joy ...
    - Then I saw the post from kattivius + edit "daemon.json" + reboot = Joy!

...and now I read your post and understand that "docker base path in the omv-extras plugin" = ""daemon.json" !
    (I will go to bed smarter tonight....) :)

It worked. Thanks. Very silly from me not have tried that!.I have changed the daemon.json with the absolute path and now I can create shared folders again.
    Side question: since I shared the dockers folder, I assumed I can open it once mapped. But looks like I get permission denied if I want to access it from a PC. (when shared, I set it Guest Allowed).
    Is it a normal behave? I am not allowed to access it mapping that folder?
    (I guess is not a big deal as I can access it via SSH as root. Maybe is even better for safety reasons)

Thanks kattivius to have mentioned "daemon.json" that need to be changed as well....
    I had the same issue that is now fixed. :)