Posts by nonamer66

I rebooted the machine. I used PUID 1000 PGID 100 when using command "id Jerry" i then made sure that permissions were set for Jerry on all those shared folders.

I really appreciate your help. I'm not offended at all, because I'm a real noob to this. I want to get better at it.

Okay, I understand now. I made the correction to the config.xml. I removed the noexec option from within the fstab. saved my file and then ran "omv-salt deploy run fstab"

still having the issue.

rebooted and test plex again. transcoding failed due to codec issue. What I'm wondering is if I have DNS issue too, but the error I get is Conversion failed. A required codec could not be found or failed to install.

the claim button never comes back with an error.

From the container log...

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.,
    [s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.,
    [fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...,
    [fix-attrs.d] done.,
    [cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...,
    [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing... ,
    _ (),
    | | ___ _ __,
    | | / __| | | / \ ,
    | | \__ \ | | | () |,
    |_| |___/ |_| \__/,
    Brought to you by linuxserver.io,
    We gratefully accept donations at:,
    https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/,
    GID/UID,
    User uid: 1000,
    User gid: 100,
    [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.,
    [cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing... ,
    [cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.,
    [cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing... ,
    [cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.,
    [cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing... ,
    Docker is used for verisoning skip update check,
    [cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.,
    [cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing... ,
    [custom-init] no custom files found exiting...,
    [cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.,
    [cont-init.d] done.,
    [services.d] starting services,
    Starting Plex Media Server.,
    [services.d] done.,

when I say executable I'm saying I set permissions read/write/executable on those folders. I attached pictures and hope this is helpful?

Yes, I did sign out and back in multiple times and every time it will not let me claim server.

You need to specify which docker image you are using as there are differences between those that are available. You must also already have an account on plex.tv in order to claim a server.
    As for the transcoding problem, the drive you point the /config container path to must be mounted executable or the transcoders will fail to run.

thanks I was using the linuxserver/plex:latest image

I do have an account with plex, but its a free account.

I also checked the transcoding folder in question and confirmed it is mounted executable.

when I attempt to play a video it comes back with "Conversion failed. A required codec could not be found or failed to install."

I'm running OMV5 and also very new to this. I followed the same youtube video from Techno Dad Life. I successfully got it installed, but hit a roadblock when it comes to claiming. It gives me the error This server is unclaimed and not secure. No idea how to fix this.

I also run to into the transcoding issue too.