Posts by gpetrom

Hi

I have installed omv with zfs storage and i am having two problems
    1) Zfs open to many processes, I have red that i have to change spl_taskq_thread_dynamic from 0 to 1 but i don t know where i can find that setting
    2) Zfs takes to much memory. Any ideas how can i fix this

Thanks in advance and sorry for ny bad English

Hi

It would be nice to know which plugins can be upgraded from omv2 to omv3 and which plugins should we first unistall and the upgrade to omv 3

Thanks in advanced

Hi

I have created a shared folder that i can not see in the web. When i am trying to make another folder with the same name it does not allow me because i have already created.
    How can i delete that shared folder and recreate it.

Thanks

Hi

After I made the upgrade successfully and was without problems from version 0.5.8 to 1.0.21 i did manage to logon to web gui without problems . After i made a restart I could not get into the GUI . I tried to run the omv-firstaid and after I put my password i am getting the following message

Code
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20100525/suhosin.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20100525/suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

The only thing that i did after upgrading was to install pyload plugin without success maybe this has something to do with my problem.

Regards

Quote from "ryecoaaron"

I don't know much about fog but it doesn't look easy to convert to a plugin. It looks like it provides a lot of the same services that OMV already provides. You might be better off to have fog run in a vm and use nfs/tftp/etc from OMV.

Personally, I pxe boot clonezilla from a tftp share or from http. It automatically mounts an nfs share or I can manually mount a samba share.

Believe me it does much more that clonezilla does. For example you can deploy software if you want to computers that you have imaged or you can join them to active directory and much more. The services that it use is nfs , pxe , ftp , mysql and apache. I hope that someone will make an effort to fix a plugin.

Hi

I am using fog for a long time and i think that is the best imaging solution that i have seen. Is it possible to make a plugin for this?
    I am using it now with openmediavault as an external storage and i have installed fog with virtualbox. I think it would be perfect if i could use it directly in openmediavault.

Thanks

Hi ryecoaaron

Really i thought that you were giving up on this plugin. I am glad that it is not the case. You are 10% away to finish it so when you will have time i hope you will :) .

Hi

I am waiting for three months for dnsmaq to be ready so i can update to openmediavault 5. I know that it is difficult to say when a plugin will be ready but i saw for the last three months that 90% of the plugin is ready. I hope this month will be ready

Thanks

Quote from "ryecoaaron"

extplorer runs as the openmediavault user. So, if that user does not have write permissions to your files, it can't delete them. You can fix this with the Privileges and/or ACL button in Shared Folders

Hi
    This happens also and in ftp mode. For example i have made a folder that i have shared to a user. With ftp client like filezilla all works great i can delete write and read files with extplorer in ftp mode i can not.
    Any ideas why is this happening

Thanks

Thanks all for the help

I have not managed to change the plugin but at least i have managed to add a site and make the orginal files of phpvirtualbox work. So now i can install and configure virtualbox manual :)