Both my real system and this VM are MBR, but just by mistake.
In the future I will redo everything in UEFI.
So, here are the steps:
- Mount the filesystem where backup is located
- Restore partition table with the following command:
dd if=/mnt/backup/omvbackup/backup-omv-11-Nov-2020_23-32-27.grubparts of=/dev/sde bs=512 count=1
- Format the main partition to ext4
- Mount it
- cd to the new mount point
- borg extract --stdout /mnt/backup/omvbackup/borgbackup::backup-omv-xxxxxxx
- Checked files got restored
Does Grub actually get restored as well with .grubparts?
Because at this point, nothing boots, just got a screen with a blinking command, but can't enter anything.