Posts by Erinox

I think it does restart when it stops:

Code
    Dec 07 12:46:37 openmediavault.local systemd[1]: Stopping Web Services Dynamic Discovery host daemon...
    Dec 07 12:46:38 openmediavault.local systemd[1]: wsdd.service: Succeeded.
    Dec 07 12:46:38 openmediavault.local systemd[1]: Stopped Web Services Dynamic Discovery host daemon.
    Dec 07 12:46:38 openmediavault.local systemd[1]: Started Web Services Dynamic Discovery host daemon.
    Dec 07 12:46:38 openmediavault.local wsdd.py[25341]: WARNING: no interface given, using all interfaces

It was gone again just now. When I try to navigate to //openmediavault.local in the file explorer it sends me to the browser log-in page of OMV 5. After restarting the service I can see and access the shares in the network. If I try to access the shares by opening //openmediavault directly it disappears again and sends me to the web-login again. After doing that I have to restart it again to work but it's only working for some time before it disappears again. Pretty strange.

Hi.

I have the same problem that I can not see OMV on my network after it's running for some time.

If I log in and put "systemctl restart wsdd.service" it's appearing again.

Everything else is running fine and I can still access everything with Cloud Commander but it only shows up in Windows 10 if I restart the rsdd.service every now and then. Any idea why the service apparently gets killed after a while?

Log start date/time and log stop date/time are lines/rows in the log. You probably don't see them as you sorted the log.

I agree but right now there's no way to get it back the way it was before I clicked on Sort by name by accident. From what I can see all the other Syslogs have a date & time column so it would make sense to add that to the Update management as well just for consistency. Even more so since I can't revert back to a chronological order after clicking on sorting right now.

Alright, but are the logs in Chronological order for you? I thought they were like that for me before I accidentally clicked the message column.

I don't really see the sense in sorting the logs by the first letter of the log line:

Files

• Bug.jpg

(107.01 kB, downloaded 85 times, last: )

Hi.

I've just scrolled through my Update management history and terminal output logs and accidentally clicked on the message column so the messages got sorted by name.
    I'm fairly sure there was a Date & Time Column there before? But now I can't access this anymore.

Bug.jpg
    Is this a bug? How do I get the date & time column back?

The error "Couldn't extract an UUID from the provided path" that showed up for me after created the NFS share when clicking back to "Shared folders" tab, disappeared after a reboot.

Thanks for this. I had the same error for a samba share just now and a reboot fixed it.

Hi.

So I just noticed I can't list the shared folder section in the webgui anymore, I'm getting this Error and the shared folders don't show up anymore. If I try to fix it with ResetPermissions the same error occurs and "Shared Folders" only shows "None".
    I'm getting the same error when I go to Users in the OMV-Gui but I can at least view them there.
    Running latest OMV 5. Only used absolute paths for all my dockers in case it matters.

I'm not sure why this happens now. I think the only things I did the last days was installing CloudCommander and Updates from the OMV-WebGui. I think there was an update for the UnionFS plugin which might be the problem?

This is the Output from dpkg -l | grep -e openm -e merg and sudo blkid in case it helps.

• Code
      /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WDRED1:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WDRED2 /srv/dc198340-8c9e-4fdd-b9d6-eb179fa71b4d fuse.mergerfs defaults,allow_other,direct_io,use_ino,category.create=mfs,minfreespace=4G,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WDRED1,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-WDRED2 0 0

Code
    /dev/sda1: UUID="63B6-81BB" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="ebc96ecc-9ee8-4ad3-a548-cae186c3e35c"
    /dev/sda2: UUID="f99ed805-b2ed-45ba-8fd2-ff0724b6b847" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="78e12d08-5290-4e62-9011-74d844694678"
    /dev/sda3: UUID="2cfcb1d8-7c04-4169-964b-b19dc108ab13" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="4b7277b5-b952-4857-b67b-300bb7560c77"
    /dev/sdb1: LABEL="WDRED1" UUID="38bed8b2-1751-4c41-b643-6e1e3dbd954d" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="33e43530-0000-4faf-853a-a6a16f8de0cd"
    /dev/sdc1: LABEL="WDRED2" UUID="7113d66e-8239-4be4-8a47-c8af862d03dd" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="00a1bb3c-e823-46c2-924c-a8c2e6117eab"

And my UnionFS config:

prob.JPG

Anyone know what I need to do to fix this?
    Thanks.

If you want to setup a new application in docker you can try to do it using docker-compose.
    There is also at least one tool to generate docker-compose files based on an existing installation. However, I have no idea how good it works.

May I ask what's the name for this tool?

I've set up most of my dockers manually with portainer but would like to create docker-compose files now for my existing setup in case something breaks.

Quick question: The CPU usage is only that high with 4k movies or lower quality files as well?

Because I've had this problem with plex (running as a docker) hogging all the CPU power regardless of file quality because of some bug in plex.
    They said it was fixed but for me it still didn't work with the new server version. I had to disable UPnP in the router settings for some reason.

Just something to check out.