Posts by User4634632

Hello,

I am trying to run a series of commands at start, ie. boot on my RPI4 OMV5 installation.

For this I used scheduled jobs but they just end in error messages.

Is it sure the commands are executed in the series the jobs are added?

How do I properly run a script a startup?

The commands I want to perform are, in order:

sudo modprobe cp210x (error /bin/sh: 1: modprobe: not found)

sudo chmod 777 -R /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/cp210x

sudo echo "1b1f c020" >/sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/cp210x/new_id (error

/var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-2031122d-d996-482a-977f-c59ac0f65701: cannot create /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/cp210x/new_id: Directory nonexistent)

David

Hello,

I just moved from OMV 4 to OMV5 by doing a clean install and now I cannot enable SMB.

It comes up with an internal error saying:{"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"The property 'localmaster' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'.","trace":"OMV\\AssertException: The property 'localmaster' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'. in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc:71\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(187): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->assertExists('localmaster')\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(272): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->set('localmaster', true, true)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(234): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setFlatAssoc(Array, true, false)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/smb.inc(81): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setAssoc(Array)\n#4 [internal function]: Engined\\Rpc\\Smb->setSettings(Array, Array)\n#5 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#6 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)\n#7 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('SMB', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)\n#8 {main}"}}

What could be the issue?

I´ve set up the permission properly I think.

David

Ok I realise I might just be talking to myself here ;) but thought I share the latest findings.

I managed to get connected with the client from within the local network, but not from outside (still permission denied).
    So I was thinking the port forwarding in my router may be the issue.

Here I can see that the interface ID, ie. the second half of the global IPv6 address is different in my router configuration than what ifconfig is showing me.

If I try to connect using the IP-Address ifconfig shows me the router might not let this pass as the router has no port forwarded to it.
    Using the global IP address with the interface ID my router shows me has the client wait for a server response indefinitely 8|

So the questions are:
    Why would OMV have an interface ID my router knows nothing about?
    Could it be the router makes up the If ID from the MAC address of the eth0 Interface but somehow OMV does it differently?
    Can I make a bridge somehow to connect the two?

Today I checked the OpenVPN logs on the RPI and here it says these lines:

Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 OpenVPN 2.4.0 arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKC$
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2u 20 Dec 2019, LZO 2.08
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 do_ifconfig, tt->did_ifconfig_ipv6_setup=0
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 /sbin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 /sbin/ip addr add dev tun0 10.8.0.1/24 broadcast 10.8.0.255
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol. Using AF_INET
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 Listening for incoming TCP connection on [AF_INET][undef]:1194
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 TCPv4_SERVER link local (bound): [AF_INET][undef]:1194
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 TCPv4_SERVER link remote: [AF_UNSPEC]
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 GID set to nogroup
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 UID set to nobody
    Mon Dec 30 12:28:03 2019 Initialization Sequence Completed

Doesn´t look like its listening on the IPV6 protocol, can someone help why it says "did ifconfig ipv6 setup=0?

On the client configuration I changed the "proto tcp" to "proto tcp6".

Is there a way to modify the openvpn server configuration on OMV?

Found out so far that when I add the interface eth0 in the gui it causes the starting of the networking.service to timeout.
    I get the same failed to execute command.

Then OMV asks me to save the new settings and that, strangely enough, does work with systemctl status networking.service confirming that its active.

So now I have the network entry in OMV and can make the OVPN configuration as eth0 can be selected.

I noticed that ifconfig shows two global IPV6 addresses with different device ids (both bring up OMV gui).

Now trying to connect to the VPN server using the IP adresses stated in ifconfig gives these results:
    first IPV6 address shown: Connection refused
    second IPV6 address shown: Permission error

Ok, so I think I got to the server but why permission error?

Hello OMV-Experts,

I am trying to use OVPN on OMV4 and seem to not be able to setup the network interface properly.

When adding the network using eth0 I get this error

When I try to setup the connection the server I get connection refused.

I ran the systemctl status networking.service and got this:

It says: Active_ failed
    Why would this be and how can I correct this?

My IFconfig looks like this (IPV6 addresses modified)