Posts by Trottel

I finally figured it out! If I'm using docker compose I first need to manually create the pihole and dnsmasq folders using the docker volume create pihole and docker volume create dnsmasq commands, otherwise Pi-hole has a problem with folder and file permissions and then fails to add adlists or update Gravity. Or I have to use the following docker-compose file:

Can somebody explain me how to add some plugin to the Jellyfin, please? When I open Dashboard > Plugins > Catalog, click on e.g. TMDb Box Sets plugin but I'm getting only spinnig circle and plugin doesn't install. Should I install plugins in some other way?

Thanks for your reply, so I guess you would recommand this motherboard. But regarding your power supply, how have you planned to power your HDDs ? Even if you don't need 300-400W, each drive will probably require something around 15 W to power, 65 W may not be enough.

What do you think about the hardware choice regarding performance... have you been able to use your own one to see ? :)

Yes, I'm satisfied with the MB and I recommend it.

In terms of consumption, I have been using this power supply for about half a year (with another MB but with the same disks) and everything was working fine. Each of my HDDs has max. power consumption of 5-10W, so that's max. 40W total, but I think it will be much less most of the time. I'll try to find a meter and measure it.

Performance is sufficient for me. I'm using Jelylfin, JDownloader, qBittorent, db for Kodi, Adguard, Bitwarden, Bookstack, Nextcloud, TT-RRS and some other services on my OMV5.

I think I found it!

Code
    root@OMV5:~# curl -L "${url}" -o "${dockerCompose}"
    -bash: curl: command not found

So I installed curl and then click on the Install button again and docker-compose is now installed :)

The docker installation relies on curl but curl isn't installed by default?

I already did it several times. Even uninstall docker, restart and install again.

Still no files in /usr/local/bin folder.

That is where it should be unless you have an i386 system. What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep docker

uname -a

Code
    root@OMV5:~# dpkg -l | grep docker
    ii docker-ce 5:20.10.3~3-0~debian-buster amd64 Docker: the open-source application container engine
    ii docker-ce-cli 5:20.10.3~3-0~debian-buster amd64 Docker CLI: the open-source application container engine
    root@OMV5:~# uname -a
    Linux OMV5.omv5.local 5.10.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.13-1~bpo10+1 (2021-02-11) x86_64 GNU/Linux

But without sudo I'm getting the same message:

Code
    docker-compose: command not found

It looks like docker-compose isn't installed with docker installation. Where it should be installed? If in /usr/local/bin then this directory is empty in my case.