Beiträge von JackieBrown

Ok - It may be a mergfs issue. I run systemctl list-units --state=inactive and I get

<code>

● sharedfolders-appdata.mount not-found inactive dead sharedfolders-appdata.mount

● sharedfolders-containers.mount not-found inactive dead sharedfolders-containers.mount

● sharedfolders-downloads.mount not-found inactive dead sharedfolders-downloads.mount

● sharedfolders-Downloads.mount not-found inactive dead sharedfolders-Downloads.mount

● sharedfolders-media.mount not-found inactive dead sharedfolders-media.mount

● sharedfolders-Movies_Share.mount not-found inactive dead sharedfolders-Movies_Share.mount

● sharedfolders-Part1.mount not-found inactive dead sharedfolders-Part1.mount

● sharedfolders-Part111.mount not-found inactive dead sharedfolders-Part111.mount

● sharedfolders-Photos.mount not-found inactive dead sharedfolders-Photos.mount

● sharedfolders-TV_Share.mount not-found inactive dead sharedfolders-TV_Share.mount

● sharedfolders-windows_home.mount not-found inactive dead sharedfolders-windows_home.mount</code>

But the odd thing is that they are mounted somehow because I can access them via samba

For some reason, when I try to access my shared folders on my server, the director shows as empty. It does this for both the /sharefolders path and the one in /srv.

That said, when I try to access it via windows using samba, all my files show as expected.

I'm trying to set up stuff in docker and this is causing issues.

It's also possible this is an issue due to mergfs but I think if that was the case, it wouldn't work for samba.

@ryecoaaron
    I did the purge for the plugins but I am still getting the error immedietely after signing in:

OMV\Exception: Failed to open include file 'js/omv/PluginManager.js'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc:42

Is there a way to manually uninstall any old plugins that may be causing this?

****fixed it

Figured it out = it was the shell in a box plugin

I get what your saying now. You wiped the one inside on purpose to force it to boot off the larger usb drive you had. The USB 3 was just what you had but the main point was the larger space. Any performance boost was just a bonus.

Is that pretty accurate?

If so, this seems better than my original plan of installing the OS to the hard drive. If I hose my install while learning OMV, i just wipe the USB drive and start over without worrying about formatting anything important. And I can make an easy backup of the whole OS.

I've been using Debian for the past 15 years so I'm pretty familiar with that but running it as a headless server will be new to me.

It definitely is a regular computer with a bios that you can select the boot drive. I did replace the usb header disk (had system open for ram upgrade anyway) and run the system for years but I just recently plugged in 16gb usb3 stick for the OS. I ended up wiping the usb header drive so it could never boot

I definitely don't want to render my device not bootable. Do you remember how you wiped he header so I can avoid that? I read while googling this topic someone saying that just disconnected the header and that forced it to boot from the USB drive. This might have the added benefit of protecting it from me.

I am assuming based on these posts that installing and running the system direct for a USB device is the best way to go?

I have a usb 3 stick. I assume that would give me the best performance (rather than a usb 2 device.)

Hello all.
    I am looking at installing OMV (maybe Debian first on this qnap.

I read this post but it's pretty old to start replying to and most of the other qnap posts where for different models.

https://forum.openmediavault.o…ghlight=ts-451#post139753

ryecoaaron had it installed but had to replace the usb flash header card. Is the a needed step? I have been researching this for about a week and saw another post suggesting to just install grub on the dom to get around the size limitations and then install Debian on the actual hard drive? Any experience with this?

My hard drives are too big for raid 5 (I manage to loose one a year and am currently also having troubles rebuilding my array. It looks like raid may not be the best solution anyore due to URE and the disk sizes we have). QNAP software is built around raid so setting things to single disc mode makes a lot of other things really hard and snapraid seems perfect for my media center.