Posts by Scorp21

Hello, I know there are some thread,I found it but,I'm french and It's difficult for me as the forum is in English to bring a bit of answer in several thread to make my own solution.. ?(
    So, as Agricola suggestion i have download the guide for new user and I try again..

Thank for your answer...
    I don't have a backup because it s m'y first expérience with OMV and linux and for testing I have juste creat one folder with one movie in the HDD to test the NAS in my LAN..

As the NAS are ok in the LAN,I was so great that In a second time, I find a tuto which explain to install and use Plex using pluging with OMV-Extra...and...this is the drama :cursing: at the begening of the test.without creating any backup.. :thumbdown:

I have any Idea to creat/use a backup..
    I have any Idea of what is Docker...
    I don t understand why using plugins is not good :thumbdown: Because I use a stick,I cannot use plugins ?

I m very,very lost =O;(
    Using Linux is really a New world ^^ ,I remember 25 years ago, when I use win95 for the first time X/

Hello, after installing Plex plugins I try to configure the storage for the library. Error appear several time. So I decided to reboot OMV before trying another time.
    Now it's impossible to connect OMV with my browser, this message appear:

Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(173): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}

I'm searching in the forum and I find lot of thread,with lot of simple command for identify the problem. My conclusion is that my USB stick which contain the system is full at 100% because of error while installing Plex.
    It's an USB stick of 16Go but the system see only 2.5Go.

But i'm blocked now, I don't know the way to erase all plex data , and the way to increase the size of my partition.
    16Go for the stick is not enough for installing Plex?

Sorry, it's not easy for me :/ but I have lot of patience 8o

Thanks fot taking time for us :thumbup:

Hello, after trying to configure plexmediaserver, and after lot of error during the configuration, i'll try to restart OMV system.
    After that, I have the same fault as Guitoumaster in my browser when I want to access OMV Web Panel Control.
    I think that the system is running ok because I can access to the console and I can access to the file with the network.

I have tried "df-h" and "/dev/sdd1" is full at 100%, it's the boot stick ...the size is 2.5Go for OMV ?( but in fact it's 16Go :| .
    I don't understand why Plex have creat this problem.

Can you help me please ? I have read lot of threads related this problem in the forum but I don't know the way to follow...I don't have creat a backup before installing Plex, because it's the only plugin I have installing after the first OMV Installation.
    A stick of 16Go are not enough to install Plex ?

Thank a lot

Great !!!! Problem Solved...
    Can you explain me succintly the origin of my problem and how you're solution have fixed it...I want to understand

Thank's

Hello, thank's for your reply

In "Initramfs" when I write "blkid" I have :

/dev/sda: type="isw_raid_member"
    /dev/sdc :type="isw_raid_member"
    /dev/sdb: ptuuid="b831c3f8" pttype="dos"
    /dev/sdd1 : uuid =" number and letter" type "ext 4" partuuid="f690a31-01"
    /dev/sdd5 : uuid =" number and letter" type "swamp" partuuid="f690a31-05"

But I "initramfs" if I write /etc/fstab I have "permission denied"

I see with "blkid" that my USB stick wich is normally "Sda1" change "Sdd1"
    For testing, I change "/sda1" by "/sdd1" in grub launcher and the system launch normally.
    I don't understand why, when I plug SATA disk my USB stick which are as "Sda1" change, in this case, in "Sdd1" ???
    How can I fix It ?
    Each time we want to change a hardisk, we have this problem?

Thanks

Hello everybody, I m Lost...when you are windowsian :thumbdown: ...it s very difficult... :/
    OMV is install on USB stick,and it s ok .
    My New problem appear when I want to add hardisk...if I plug a SATA hardisk, grub is normally launch ans a screen appear with

Mdadm:error opening /.dev/me?*
    Gave up waiting for Root file système device
    Common problème:
    -boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
    -check Root delay=
    -missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls / dev)
    ALERT! /Dev/sda1 dors not exist .dropping to a shell.

OMV is install on a stick (sda1) ,I don t understand why ,if hardisk are plugged ,this message appear.
    If I unplug hardisk,the system start.
    If I start the system and I Hotplug SATA hardisk, I can configure all the hardisk but I cannot restart as long as SATA hardisk are plugged ,I must unplug and plug another Time all hardisk.

For testing ,all my hardisk are hold and contained old version of Windows,so ,before testing with OMV I erase properly all partition ,so I think it s not the problem.

Thank for help

So,I found the known-host file, I've erased the line wich contain "IP static 1"... Then I try to Access OMV with the console of my computer ,Access granted with SSH as first connection..but access to GUI always impossible with my browser by entering "IP static 1" and even with NAS hostname.

It seems that the problem come from chrome browser. It is possible ?

Hello,thanks for your reply...

I understand the utility of SSH.
    Can you explain me the way to remove the remote computer from the list and the method to make backup?
    So In my LAN ,with thé console from my computer to OMV ,I'm not forced to use SSH ?

Thanks

Hello Macom, I'm testing your solution and the result is not what I want.
    With this method I can access in with SSH by the console but not with my browser.But the informations write on the console while the test gave me an idea.

So I remember that, on my first test 2 days ago (in the bad harddisk ), I follow a Tutorial wich explain that it s better to active SSL certificat for https connection and I creat this cerficat with "IP static 1".
    After new installation of OMV, finally in the good hardisk , the problem appear when i'm setting the IP for OMV also as "IP static 1" (because of the configuration of my router to adress static IP on my LAN) .
    This morning I'm testing with "OMV-firstaid" to change the "IP static 1" of OMV as "IP static 2" and the problem is solve, access is granted with my browser when I'm writing 'IP Static 2" in the adress bar.

I think my problem is du to the older certificat wich is on my computer, but I don't know how can I erase the older certificat in my computer .
    So I can use OMV with the new "IP Static 2" but I want to understand the problem for not reproducing this in the futur

An idea for me ?

thanks a lot

Hello Macom, I'm testing your solution and the result is not what I want.
    With this method I can access in with SSH by the console but not with my browser.But the informations write on the console while the test gave me an idea.

So I remember that, on my first test 2 days ago (in the bad harddisk ), I follow a Tutorial wich explain that it s better to active SSL certificat for https connection and I creat this cerficat with "IP static 1".
    After new installation of OMV, finally in the good hardisk , the problem appear when i'm setting the IP for OMV also as "IP static 1" (because of the configuration of my router to adress static IP on my LAN) .
    This morning I'm testing with "OMV-firstaid" to change the "IP static 1" of OMV as "IP static 2" and the problem is solve, access is granted with my browser when I'm writing 'IP Static 2" in the adress bar.

I think my problem is du to the older certificat wich is on my computer, but I don't know how can I erase the older certificat in my computer .
    So I can use OMV with the new "IP Static 2" but I want to understand the problem for not reproducing this in the futur

An idea for me ?

thanks a lot

Thank for your reply ...i will test this this afternoon..
    But i'm not really understanding..sorry..
    How Can i connect to OMV with my browser?
    I write the hostname of my NAS in the adresse bar or my browser?

Thanks

Hello, it's my first thread on this forum.
    I'm French, so sorry for my english wich is not fluent...

I'm new in linux environment and i want to creat my own NAS with OMV.
    The installation and the first connection are ok.
    My problem appear when i want to fix a static IP for my NAS. I'm inquiering all informations (IP, subnet mask, bridge) and OMV required to save changes.
    While this operation , an error appears.

If I test with Ping "new IP" it's ok but when i'm trying to connect OMV by entering the New IP in my browser, it's not good and my browser say that it's not accessible.
    My NAS boot is ok, If I connect a screen and keyboard on the NAS ,the new ip are post, I can use the NAS with command directly ... I'm also trying to re-configured the network option with "OMV-firstaid" but it's not good.
    If i'm trying to connect OMV since my computer with "ssh root@myIP" it's not good to ans I can't connect and this message appear.

I'm lost, i'm searching a solution for 2 days long
    Thanks for your help
    OMV erreur.png