Beiträge von pbartko

My OMV5 server has been running well for over a year now. Last week, I rebooted the system after installing a new docker image for Home Assistant. Today I looked at the System performance charts to look at system loads with the new docker image and found something disturbing. As the system ran continuously for over a year, the CPU usage steadily crept up over time to 40% by last week when I rebooted the server. Is this normal? I wish I had noticed this before rebooting the server so I could have checked TOP to find out what software was actually using all that CPU. In all fairness, I'm not sure it was OMV, as I also have a few docker containers running (Plex, Portainer, Duplicati).

Thanks

Some more Diagnostics today:

There are two network adapters on the MOBO. I tried the other one, with the same results, no network connection after reboot.

After a reboot, running "systemctl status systemd-networkd" command results in the following output:

After running omv-firstaid and setting a static ip address to 192.168.1.85, output is:

Question is, why is it failing at startup but runs after using omv-firstaid?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Pete

I've recently setup a new OMV5 installation to replace my OMV3 server that's been running now for several years. However, I am having trouble setting the IP address. I set a static address of 192.168.1.85 using the GUI, but after a reboot, there is no network connection. I have to login to the console and use omv-firstaid to reset the network connection. The system will be fine then up until a reboot.

I've checked /etc/sytemd/network folder for the adapter entry, it looks correct:

results of ip addr after reboot:

results of ip addr after omv-firstaid:

As you can see, eno1 ip address is not set until after running omv-firsaid. Can anyone give me suggestions on what else to check?

Thanks,

Pete