Beiträge von RonO

Were you changing a network setting?

No network changes made since installing omv6 a few weeks ago, (sometime later I will create a br0 for kvm, but not yet).

The only thing I recall doing prior to noticing the "Apply Pending configuration changes", was a cli apt update && apt upgrade and trialing some rclonebrowser/rclonewebui containers in portainer.

Hi, not sure where to start with this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having a similar issue with "Apply Pending configuration changes". When Apply is clicked the whole server losses the network and goes off line. A reboot gets the server back on the lan, but "Apply Pending configuration changes" is still there.

Hopefully the attached files may help.

So there won't be any logs outside of the VM. What distro is it?

vm Distro = LinuxMint 20.3

Desktop = XFCE

Been looking through the journal log with journal -b -r

But no nothing about kvm exiting hardware virtualization

After several forced shutdowns the vm can now shutdown correctly, don't know what changed to fix that.

But Restart / Reboot still hangs. It''l just have to stay like that.

A question for the brains trust.

I have a vm that won't shutdown or reboot correctly.

I'm hoping the attached screenshot can help someone point me in the right direction to fix this issue.

Or is there some omv / kvm / libvirt logs I could view to trace the problem?

OMV Version 6.0.38-1 (Shaitan)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics

Kernel Linux 5.18.0-0.deb11.4-amd64

openmediavault-kvm 6.1.22

Just read through

Helps if u read through articles and guides several times...

Stop being a lazy shit...

I missed the Copy public SSH key step.

Guide for direct Rsync via SSH to another rsync device

Step 1

OMV, System, Certificates, SSH, select certificate (ie omvcert), Copy,

enter Hostname (Qnap-Device_IP),

enter Port 22 (or which ever port u use on remote device),

enter Rsync/SSH User name and Password of remote device

click Copy.

Step 2

OMV, Services, Rsync, Tasks, Create,

Type = Remote

Mode = Push

Source shared folder = a local share you have created on OMV to be send by rsync

Destination server = Rsync/SSH_username@Qnap-Device_IP:/share/sync/ShareName

Authentication = Public key

SSH port = 22 (or which ever port u use on remote device)

SSH certificate = select certificate from list (ie omvcert)

Setup rsysnc time or interval and remaining options to suit your requirements.

Another option is Rsync via Remote Mounts (plugin)

See the great guide by ryecoaaron here

Using Remote Mount and Rsync to Replicate a Network Share

Easy as when u know how to do it...

Just read through ReadTheDocs Rsync, rpi4 omv6 Is there a wiki for rsync settings to another nas qnap, OMV6 Backup Full Drive, Backing up OMV to Linux Server

And I'm none the wiser from reading those.

Is there somewhere that has a thorough explanation of the omv6 rsync.

Configuration required:

rsync push from omv6 server to another lan nas (Qnap-Device)

Source = ShareName (on omv6)

Destination = username@Qnap-Device_IP:/share/sync/ShareName

Authentication = Public key

Had this working good in omv5 :)

Starting to regret this move to omv6, way too much work :|

Yes, I tried an upgrade, that failed, had a hardware failure during os upgrade, had to rebuild from scratch with new hardware :(

Yep, all the time.

Which / who's container do you use?

I had guacamole/guacamole running good in omv5 (was getting the PulseAudio working b4 the omv6 upgrade/crash n burn of the server), but haven't figured out what's stopping it running in omv6 yet.

Tried jwetzell/guacamole today in omv6, but it's not starting either.

Not having much luck with guacamole at present.

Some of the problem(s) could be caused by permissions, still working on getting all the shares working correctly.

I will see if I can look the domain in the OMV database.

omv5 had it, but I guess omv6 is different.

Is that about the most useless statement for the day!

Hi ryecoaaron, tried your suggestion, it got the vm partially booting, thanks, but it only boots to a tty prompt.

Just tried re-creating a new vm with the settings in the attached pic, Screenshot from 2022-08-20 07-46-33.png.

But getting an error message.

500 - Internal Server Error

Failed to create VM XML. virt-install --boot hd,cdrom --arch x86_64 --cpu EPYC-Rome --disk '/srv/kvm/lmxfce.qcow2',bus=virtio,cache=none,io=native --memory 4096 --metadata description="qBitTorrent" --name LmXfce2 --network network=default,model=virtio,mac=RANDOM --os-variant name=debian10 --vcpus 2,sockets=1,cores=2,threads=1 --sound default --boot loader=/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_CODE.fd --graphics vnc,listen=0.0.0.0 --print-xml > /tmp/LmXfce2.xml

What am I over looking here?

Just tried creating a new vm with a new disk and got a permission denied message.

What users/groups require what permissions on vm and iso files/folders?

I'm trying to re-create a vm from omv5-kvm plugin (see attached LmXfce5.xml.txt) in the newer omv6 kvm plugin 6.1.22

Getting the following error message

500 - Internal Server Error

Unable to - poweronunsupported configuration: CPU mode 'host-passthrough' for x86_64 qemu domain on x86_64 host is not supported by hypervisor

See attached LmXfce6.xml.txt for configuration of the re-creation.

Attached omv6 kvm plugin info.txt is info of current server setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/srv/d*/mfsp

Just checked my fstab file.

When configuring a mergerfs (6.1.1) pool through the omv6.0.34-1 ui (OMV, Storage, mergerfs, Save to fstab=true), I'm getting duplicated disk uuid's when using wildcards.

Is this a feature or a bug?

When using /srv/d*/kvm, fstab entry is

/srv/d*/kvm /srv/mergerfs/kvm fuse.mergerfs category.create=epmfs,minfreespace=4G,fsname=kvm:2c15bb08-03d5-44a4-8631-7c7c37eec58b,defaults,allow_other,cache.files=off,use_ino,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-d7d01155-c12a-4c67-b88f-c3717529269f,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1b5b612d-258e-4a00-a8b8-801db8c97b39,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1b5b612d-258e-4a00-a8b8-801db8c97b39,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-d7d01155-c12a-4c67-b88f-c3717529269f 0 0

When using

/srv/d01/kvm

/srv/d02/kvm

fstab entry is

/srv/d01/kvm:/srv/d02/kvm /srv/mergerfs/kvm fuse.mergerfs category.create=epmfs,minfreespace=4G,fsname=kvm:2c15bb08-03d5-44a4-8631-7c7c37eec58b,defaults,allow_other,cache.files=off,use_ino,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-d7d01155-c12a-4c67-b88f-c3717529269f,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1b5b612d-258e-4a00-a8b8-801db8c97b39 0 0

Hmmm curious stuff.

A common line from the fstab files from lan connected devices, when I had omv 5 running in June 2022

192.168.1:55:/db /mnt/nfs/omv5/db nfs defaults 0 0

Worked good for the year or so I had omv5 running, and still works for qnap nas device connections (I've forgotten what linux derivative qnap uses).

I would guess the correct syntax is as you stated ryecoaaron /export/nfs_share_name in omv6, but without /export was allowed in omv5, and may have been hardened or restricted in the change to omv6.

I'll definitely remember

sudo showmount -e omv-server-ip

Thanks again ryecoaaron

Time to do some fstab changes...

$ sudo showmount -e omv-server-ip

[sudo] password for u1:

Export list for omv-server-ip:

/export 192.168.1.0/24

/export/nfssharedfolder 192.168.1.0/24

$ sudo mount -t nfs omv-server-ip:/export/nfssharefolder /home/u1/NFS/nfssharefolder

mount.nfs: mounting omv-server-ip:/export/nfssharefolder failed, reason given by server: No such file or directory

Ignore this reply, I done a typo in the path. nfssharefolder -> nfssharedfolder (I left the d out of shared)

sudo mount -t nfs omv-server-ip:/export/nfssharedfolder /home/u1/NFS/nfssharefolder

works good

Thanks ryecoaaron

Is having the /export in the path a new thing to omv6 ?

I didn't use /export in the path with omv5.

change the two directories temporarily from 2770 to 2775, does it work?

Changed

/srv (0755)/mergerfs (0777)/mfsp (2770)/nfssharedfolder (2770)

to

/srv (0755)/mergerfs (0777)/mfsp (2775)/nfssharedfolder (2775) also tried /nfssharedfolder (2777)

still getting

mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting omv-server-ip:/nfssharedfolder

omv user id u1 = uid=1000(u1) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),1000(RW)

laptop user id u1 = uid=1000(u1) gid=1000(u1) groups=1000(u1),4(adm),20(dialout),21(fax),24(cdrom),25(floppy),26(tape),27(sudo),29(audio),30(dip),44(video),46(plugdev),100(users),109(netdev),114(lpadmin),121(bluetooth),123(scanner),133(sambashare)

Still having permission problems with nfs shares.

I've tried the Reset Permissions, with option Admin-read/write, users-read/write, others-no access, clear ACLs, no change.

Have I got these permissions right?

/srv (0755)/mergerfs (0777)/mfsp (2770)/nfssharedfolder (2770)

OMV, Services, NFS, Shares are configured to allow clients 192.168.1.0/24 and Read/Write privilege, as per attached nfs share.png

OMV, Storage, Shared Folders, Privileges are as per attached OMV-Storage-Shared_Folders-Privileges.png

From a linux laptop cli using (firewall is off)

sudo mount -t nfs omv-server-ip:/nfssharedfolder /home/username/mountpoint

I get the following error message

mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting omv-server-ip:/nfssharedfolder

What am I over looking here?

change your pool to /srv/d*/mfsp

no way, that's 2 cool

The reason I have the mergerfs pool is to swap disks frequently (testing and playing around shit).

I keep getting larger disks from our data centre, next week I'll have 18 x 8TB disks (I have no idea why, apart from cause I can).

Now all I need to do is restart the pool, way too easy.

Thanks ryecoaaron

not sure why you have to do that

I would guess it's the difference between merging disks and merging folders.

As I am merging folders it is adding in the merged folder name also.

ie /srv/mergerfs/mergerfs_pool_name/my_merged_folder_name/share

I'd guess if I was doing merged disks, I guess it would be /srv/mergerfs/mergerfs_pool_name/share

In the previous pic named OMV-Storage-Shared_Folders.png, is my configuration correct for merging folders?

All my merged shares are working, but was just checking if this is the best way of configuring mergerfs?