Greetings

David

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /etc/fstab
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    PARTUUID=738a4d67-01 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
    PARTUUID=738a4d67-02 / ext4 noatime,nodiratime,defaults 0 1
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/Fotografie /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Fotografie ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,acl 0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/drive2 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-drive2 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

Huh. You got rid of all of the jq options? Did you disable the quotaon service too?

Got rid of all of those, yes. Stopped and Disabled quotaon & quota services.. They still come back.

I have 2 Drives & Shared Folders. One is a backup of the other one. When i delete the aquota files in the backup drive, they're not coming back. But they always come back in my main drive.

Edit: btw I'm using OMV5.

They don't hurt anything and this has been discussed in other threads but you need to remove the aquota options from the mount options in the mntent section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml (take a backup first). Then rewrite fstab with: omv-salt deploy run fstab and reboot.

Tried that, but the Files still reappear every time.

I know that they don't "Hurt" anything, the honestly just annoy me a lot

How do i get rid of the aquota.user and aquota.group files in my SMB share?

Every time i delete them they just come back. I can't hide or rename them.

I do not use Quotas. I tried stopping and disabling the quota service with systemctl stop quota & systemctl disable quota, but the files still come back after deletion...:thumbdown:

Yes, this is possible by the vfs objects = recycle module of Samba. Within this module you can use this option recycle:keeptree = Yes/No. Detailed instructions here

This can be configured on a per share base. Add the module lines in the Extra Options field of the specific share. It should also be possible to configure it for all shares generally.

Please don´t modify /etc/smb.conf directly because later changes on the SMB/CIFS configuration by the WebUI will overwrite your manual changes.

Perfect, that's what i was looking for! Thank you!

Is there a way to change how the SMB Recycle Bin works in OMV5?

Currently it creates a complete Folder Structure when i delete a file.

For Example:
    If i delete the file /img/png/img.png the recycle bin is gonna look like this: /nils/img/png/img.png.

Is there something i can do so that SMB moves the File straight into the recycle folder, without recreating the whole Folder Tree, kinda like Windows does?

Thanks in Advance!:)