Posts by Magua

Is there a command I can run so know if I'll experience this same limitation when I try to grow my array? If I need to backup my array as it is now and recreate it (as you say it's fixed) I'd rather do it now than later when it'll contain even more data.

I'm still a Linux newbie so forgive the question if the answer is obvious - but if I replace the CPU on my OMV NAS (currently an i3) and insert a quad-core i5, will it just work and know about all the extra cores, etc? Or is there more to it than that?

I've already checked and my existing motherboard is fully compatible so that motherboard will not change - this time. But what happens if I do change the motherboard?

Thanks!

If you guys wouldn't mind indulging me, I'm confused. I had a RAID5 array (5 3TB disks) with one spare initially. (Edit: By one spare I mean that I could have any one of my 5 drives fail and no data would be lost.) One failed. I shutdown OMV, removed the failed drive and inserted an identical 3TB drive in its place and rebooted. Then, through the GUI I clicked 'Recover'. Now the status of my RAID is 'Clean' according to the GUI, the capacity remains unchanged (at 10.7 TB) and according to the details of my raid I have 5 disks active, 5 working, 0 failed and 0 spare and I'm getting the 'warning - spare missing' emails now. (I can't remember if the RAID 5 configuration would tell me I had 1 spare before my drive failed or not...)

Was my drive added to the array incorrectly, or is it functioning as it should (any one drive can fail and I'll be fine) and the emails are simply incorrect because of the spare=1 in the file?

I just want to be absolutely certain that I have one disk redudancy in my RAID as I did before my drive failed.

I have a Cyberlink CP1500AVRLCD attached to my OMV NAS via USB (it also powers my cable modem, switch, etc.)

I configured the driver as such:

Code
    driver=usbhid-ups
    port=auto

and it seems to be communicating correctly (according to the logs, but I'm also a Linux newbie so I may be wrong.)

After configuring OMV to shutdown after 10 seconds of being on the battery, I initiated a test.

Unfortunately after 10 seconds, *everything* shut down, not just my OMV box. This isn't correct behavior, is it? Shouldn't the only thing shutting down be OMV?

Any ideas?

I'm planning for a worst case scenario - bear with me as I spit out this scenario;

Running RAID 5, one drive fails, leaving zero spares. Rip out the bad drive and put in a fresh one.
    Rebuild time is estimated at 500+ hours.
    Power failure during the rebuild only to find out EVERYTHING is lost.

//End scenario

Not cool, but my research tells me that if OMV were to shutdown properly, nothing would be lost and the rebuild would simply start from scratch when it was booted back up, right?

Well my UPS has a com port, and my OMV box does not - but my other server (Windows Server 2008 R2) does have a com port and is monitoring the UPS. I can execute whatever I want to from this box at various intervals so my thinking is, it the power remains off after 30 seconds, execute a .bat file to shutdown OMV in order to prevent any sort of RAID corruption and data loss.

Google has shown me various guides like this: http://www.voipphreak.ca/2007/…tely-using-ssh-host-keys/ but I'm not sure if this will work for starters, or if perhaps there's a better method.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

I see you've knocked this out with version 0.3.0.7 according to the bug tracker. Should I be seeing this version when I check for updates? Pardon my newbness, but I haven't updated a plugin before - what's the preferred method to get this on my system?

Quote from "votdev"

Do you think this should be integrated in the share webgui? If yes, please fill an feature request at bugtracker.openmediavault.org.

Done and done, thanks votdev.

Case ID 0000564 is reported.

Mike, you are my personal hero! Thanks!

I was using Logical Volume Management to get around it, but this is a much better option as my folder structures can now be consistent. Thank you!

I'd like to push my Time Machine backups to OMV - but I absolutely don't want to give it unlimited access to space. So, how does one set a quota for a share, be it at the Shared Folder level or at the Apple Filing level?