Posts by fbohnen

Hello,

I do run Pi-Hole and Ad-Guard on two different Pi's. Yes you can configure two different DNS (IPv4 and IPv6 if you provider supports it) under the tab provider access credentials or something like it, I don't know what the english tab is named. Also in the DHCP settings is a tab to configure two DNS, also IPv4 and IPv6, to be rolled out to the clients.

As macom wrote, provider fritz!boxes have different firmware and often not all features are enabled. Better buy a retail box.

Hello out there,

I ran into a problem with the miniDLNA plugin.

Every time I try to change the db_dir=/var/cache/minidlna to a new path and restart miniDLNA plugin it rewrites the /etc/minidlna.conf new and
    I end up with the default path for the db. ;(?(

I use the latest plugin version 3.3.11

Has anyone an idea how to solve that? Pleeeese

THX
    Frank

Yeah,

got that wrong, thought I'd to do that on the smartmontools.org website.
    THX for getting me on the right track. I've added it under the last SSD entry (Marvell SSD) but i get an error.
    What I added:

{ "TS(120|240)GMTS420|" // Transcend MTS420, TS(120|240)GMTS420
    "Intenso SSD"
    "ADATA SP550", // ADATA SP550/O0803B5a
    },

What I got back:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; smartctl -x '/dev/sda' 2>&1' with exit code '1': smartctl 6.6 2016-05-31 r4324 [x86_64-linux-4.13.0-0.bpo.1-amd64] (local build)Copyright (C) 2002-16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, http://www.smartmontools.org/v…/drivedb/drivedb.h(1488): Syntax error, '"' expected

I can't find the syntax error.

my lines 1481 to 92

Hello,

yesterday I finished my build of a new OMV Server with OMV 4.0.14
    Specs of my new Server, I can't put a price tag on it, because I salvaged a lot from projects I took apart:

Motherboard (salvaged): AsRock Q1900-ITX

RAM (salvaged): 2 x 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 SODIMM

External Power Supply (salvaged): Leicke NT33402 90W 12V 7,5A

PSU: Mini-Box picoPSU-160-XT High Power 24 Pin Mini-ITX Power Supply 160W, replaced the PSU witch came with the case

NAS Case: Eolize SVD-NC11-4 mini ITX PC-Gehäuse (4x 3,5 HDD, 2x USB 3.0)for NAS System

Adapter Card M.2: DIGITUS PCle Card auf SATA III + NGFF (M.2), SATA III 6.0 Gbps, Chipsatz ASM1061

M.2-SSD (OMV install Disk): M.2-SSD INTENSO, 128 GB, MLC-FLASH

SSD (salvaged): Kingston SV300S37A/60G SSDNow V300 interne SSD 60GB

HDD 1 (salvaged): Toschiba DT01ACA300 3TB SATA6 7200 rpm

HDD 2 (salvaged): Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB SATA6 7200 rpm

The M.2 SSD contains the OMV installation, the Kingston SSD is for Nginx and MySql only

The two old (and very noisy) HDDs are for data. They're going to be replaced as soon as possible with real NAS HDDs

The case is a real winner. It's sturdy, has a 200W PSU not really loud, and four HDD Hot Swap cages.

I took the PSU out and replaced it with the PICO PSU, that's why thre is that ugly hole in the back.

I've to find something to close that (suggestions welcome ;) ). The fan is gone by now. It's replaced by a ARCTIC F12 PWM PST on the backside of the case.

Some pictures:

Hi ryecoaaran,

on my OMV 3.0.93 all this works. I can us the if commands and under network my eth0 shows. I under OMV 4.x I can log in to the WebGUI and play aroud. But eth0 doesn't show up under Interfaces
    Even when the System is release updated to 4.x all this works fine. Only with a clean install 4.09 it doesn't.
    I've a static DHCP lease for the NIC

Hello there,

I'm trying out OMV 4. Since i've a test rack update via GUI to 4.13-1 looked ok. So i went to a clean install of 4.09 and updated that via CLI.
    I punched in ifconfig and got an error "unkown command". The same with ifdown/up
    What happened to the commands? :/

One more thing:
    under Network my Card is not displayed

Frank

Hello,

I run OMV for a year now.
    I wonder, can I change the MB on my system without any trouble or do I've to reinstall my system?
    I would stay with an Intel based CPU.

Thanks for your help.

Frank