Beiträge von FragoulisNaval

If the containers have their configuration and/or data on that filesystem, yes. They cannot write data to that filesystem, only read data.

alright, after rebooting two times the system is back to normal. carried out long test and I have the following errors:

Error 67 [18] occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 13197 hours (549 days + 21 hours)

Error 66 [17] occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 12598 hours (524 days + 22 hours)

Error 65 [16] occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 12598 hours (524 days + 22 hours)

Error 64 [15] occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 12598 hours (524 days + 22 hours)

Error 63 [14] occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 12597 hours (524 days + 21 hours)

Error 62 [13] occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 12431 hours (517 days + 23 hours)

Error 61 [12] occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 12431 hours (517 days + 23 hours)

Error 60 [11] occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 12431 hours (517 days + 23 hours)

for the time being, scrutiny as well as built in OpenMediaVault SMART shows very low fail probability ,around 5%. This drive has been working for almost five (5) years, maybe I should be looking for its replacement ?? the drive is WDC WD40EFAX-68JH4N0

probably it change from read/write to read only (unless you mounted it read only for some reason)

you should check the filesystem, which needs to done from the CLI

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have not done anything, i am at work now.

Can you specify the command in CLI to check this?

I have read that, if the drive is an SSD, this would mean that the drive needs replacement. In my case it is an HDD, does this mean that i will have to start looking for a replacement drive? for this drive, i have not received any alerts from hdd monitoring tool (scrutiny)

Good day all,

Just received below notification from my server through mail. Can anyone tell me what it means? Should i be worried?

The system monitoring needs your attention.

Host: omvserver
    Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 17:52:59
    Service: filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Katerina
    Event: Filesystem flags changed
    Description: filesystem flags changed to ro,relatime,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group

This triggered the monitoring system to: alert

You have received this notification because you have enabled the system monitoring on this host.
    To change your notification preferences, please go to the 'System | Notification' or 'System | Monitoring' page in the web interface.

Hello everyone,

I am facing the following problem the last three days which i cannot find a solution.

I am trying to access my self-hosted services and i keep receiving a "522 Connection timed out" error. What is strange is that when i refresh the browser, i connect to the service immediately.

When i connect to the service, the service itself becomes unusable with frequent dropouts and long refresh rates. for example, trillium is not refreshing quickly between notes nd netdata is stalling when collecting metrics.

I have contacted my internet provider, for checking my connection for errors, but they found none.

My server is not under heavy load, since memory usage is close to 67% and CPU load average is under 10%. Memory usage is high because of my Roon music server and of my big music collection, which is almost 35% out of 67%.

I am currently hosting twenty one (21) different containers as services.

Someone at reddit, ( i have made the same question there but could not find a solution so far), mentioned that this could be a DNS round robin issue.

If i change from NginxProxyManager to Traeffik for my reverse proxy and load balancing, will this solve my issue?

I have tested almost everything and i have removed the cloudflare from the equation. Something is wrong with my setup, for an unknown to me reason.

I have no idea how to create symlinks. However,

• My OS drive has just this, the OS. Nothing else.
    • One of my other drives has a shared folder called "configuration", where all my containers are storing their data & databases.

In the past, whenever i made a mess and had to format my OS drive with OMV5, I have followed the steps from technodad life on this video:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Every time i had to download the docker images anew. I run "docker-compose -up -d" on the docker compose file i keep on every folder and i am good to go. Truth be told, i need more time than you

I thought that this has changed on OMV6 and i would not have to do it all over again. Oh well, what to do....

Dear all good day,

I am building a secondary pc which will act as a backup server for my primary server. My intention is to backup from my primary server to the secondary server using syncthing in docker.

On the primary server i have four (4) data disks linked together with mergerFS and one disk as a parity disk with snapraid.

Since my secondary server will act as a backup server, what hard disk configuration should i use for it?

• One solution would be to have the same disk configuration as the primary server, that is one parity drive plus data drives with snapraid
    • The other solution is for the backup server to have only data drives. Since it will serve as a backup solution, there will be no need for parity drive, thus saving one drive slot for further expansion.

What is your opinion on the above? What would you suggest i do? Do you have any other idea that i am missing? Please share your thoughts insights.

Thank you all for your time.

Dear all good day,

I am currently running latest OMV5 instance and i am thinking of upgrading to OMV6.

To do this, i will format my OS drive and install OMV6 anew, remap all shared folders etc.

Currently, i keep all my docker containers on a separate disk.

I have one question: once i have completed all regarding the new installation, will i have to download again all docker images for my containers?

Why did you updated PHP to v7.4?

Nextcloud running on docker doesn't use PHP from the host.

And if you had PHP v7.3 means you're running OMV 5 and its required by it.

I did the update because my nextcloud instance went into maintenance mode and the prerequisite for it to return back to normal mode was that i should update PHP to at least 7.4.

I did as such and nextcloud resumed the update process and now it is working.

Dear all good day,

On Sunday i updated my Nextcloud instance to version 24.0.1 (through docker), but before that i had to update my php version to 7.4 (i had 7.3 previously).

After having done this, all seemed to be working correctly until i received below message today:

Zitat

/etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-pending_config_changes:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'yaml.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/20180731/yaml.so (/usr/lib/php/20180731/yaml.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20180731/yaml.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20180731/yaml.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

Should i be worried about it?

Is there anything i can do to fix this error?

Thank you beforehand for your replies.