Posts by vdb_peter

Hi Moderator
    Thanks for your prompt response.

The intent of my post was to document the observation, and that you'd respond with helpful guidance, so thanks for that. I wasn't aware of the default behavior, but have come up to speed on the fact that the ARM image uses NetworkManager. It's not my preference, but that's not important.

The "why" is all about trouble shooting forked-daap. It is working fine, and fully accessible by my old Roku Soundbridge 1001, but I can't view it on Windows 10. I haven't found a Win10 client where it works (Have tried DAAP Media Client, VLC, Amarok, iTunes). In a VLC forum, there was a suggestion the problem is related to IPv6 running on the server and/or Win10, but still no luck. That's the issue I'm working through.

As for versions, noted.

getName(), noted.

Running 4.1.7 on ARMv7, Linux 4.9.103-odroidxu4

Observed that IPv6 was running even though the OMV web interface indicated it was disabled. The Web interface wouldn't disable it.

This worked:
    edit /etc/sysctl.conf

net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
    net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
    net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1
    net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6 = 1

Restart

Hi
    I got stuck on that too initially and spent a bit of time figuring it out. In the end, it's quite straightforward:

The "-w run:app" is the same as "module=run:app" when you use the Vassal ini file in /etc/uwsgi/vassals/<app_name>.ini.

So, the flask python app you've created will have a name eg; run.py. In this 'run.py' script, there should be a line that reads like: 'app = Flask(__name__)'.

Running the 'uwsgi --socket 0.0.0.0:8080 --protocol=http -w run:app' will start uwsgi on the localhost, listening on Port 8080, running your Python application called 'run.py', referencing the 'app' line inside your application.

This may help: http://manpages.ubuntu.com/man…an1/uwsgi_python27.1.html

Looks like you're very close to getting it working.

Hi- yes there is! I happen to be doing this right now! I'm testing this on OMV4 on RPi, and will redo it on my "production" OMV: Odroid XU4, all running Armbian/Debian 9. What's your OMV architecture?

There seems to be a couple of ways to do it: A new "location" on the "/etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui" or (what I'll be doing, to keep things cleaner) create another "site", with a different port number, in this directory and symbolically linking to the "/etc/nginx/sites-enabled" directory.

I found this very helpful: https://code.luasoftware.com/t…wsgi-for-flask-on-ubuntu/

I basically followed the full script, using "uwsgi" in Emperor mode too. My Flask app is a RESTful API feeding a MySQL database. All of it will be on the OMV box.

I got the full stack working on a copy of Raspbian, now to OMV.

Hope this helps.

Peter

I have noticed that every time the Power Management, Power Button option is changed and saved,
    the acpid stops but does not restart. Starting the service manually at the command line with "service acpid start", starts the daemon, reading in the OMV updated configs correctly.

I saw that another member in the forum experienced something similar that by restarting his NAS completely activated the new config for the power button.

Please revise the code to ensure the acpid daemon does actually restart on save.

I confirmed this on installations on both a physical box and a VM.

Many thanks
    Peter

Thanks guys- things I'm going to do to narrow the problem is whether it's hardware brand related. Lenovo can be a bit quirky- eg; "beep" works on my HP 7800 but not the Lenovo. So will take an image of the Lenovo OMV to the HP 7800.

Next, I fear, is that I'll need to learn everything there is to know about pm-utils.... :-)

Peter

I have issues using the "Hibernate" shutdown on OMV 0.5.42 with 0.5.19 ASD script . The full "Shutdown" works great, but liking the benefits of "Hibernate", I have this problem: it wont hibernate.

When the machine "Hibernates", either through the ASD script or using pm-hibernate from the cli, the server goes through the motions of hibernation, writes to the HDD, switches the machine off, then a second later restarts.

I'm logging the issue here as it may be WOL related (which works perfectly when OMV shutsdown with either init 0 or shutdown commands The machine stays off when shutdown, and starts properly on the WOL signal.)

Reading Technet, Windows seems to have greater granular control over Hibernate than Linux. My Lenovo M59 USFF BIOS only has a single setting for WOL. However, rechecking BIOS, disabling other PCI devices from having the ability to wake machine made no difference.

Another reference to this behaviour elsewhere refers to "swap" not being available or corrupted. Swapon/free/top all show "swap" correctly but not used. (I have 3G RAM where <1G is used).

Any thoughts appreciated.
    Thanks
    Peter

Hi- am using ASD 0.5.19. That is the latest script, right?
    1. Reading the Technet, Windows seems to have greater granular control over Hibernate than Linux. My Lenovo M59 USFF BIOS only has a single setting for WOL. WOL works just fine. However, rechecking BIOS, disabling other PCI devices from having the ability to wake machine made no difference.
    2 & 3, A full shutdown fully resets the server. The multiple ASD procs accumulate only after a return from Hibernate.
    Thanks P.

Hi
    I have 3 issues with 0.5.19 ASD script using the "Hibernate" shutdown on OMV 0.5.42. The "Shutdown" works great, but I like the performance bonus of Hibernate except for these three (hopefully minor) issues.
    1. When the machine "Hibernates", it immediately restarts. The machine shutsdown completely then immediately starts up again. The only reference to this behaviour elsewhere refers to "swap" not being available or corrupted. Swapon/free/top all show "swap" correctly but not used. (I have 3G RAM where <1G is used).
    2. Another ASD script starts upon restart from Hibernate.
    3. Another ASD script starts up when applying changes to ASD within OMV. The "old" ASD script keeps running.

Looking forward to any ideas to resolve.
    Many thanks
    Peter