Beiträge von rwebb

Here is the output of the dpkg command:

Code
    iF  openmediavault                  5.6.26-1                            all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    iU  openmediavault-flashmemory      5.0.9                               all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring          1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg     5.6.2                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

Is there any way to verify if the flash media is failing?

-Rich

Open Media Vault has been running for a long time. Rebooted the machine because I couldn't access the web gui and the machine didn't come back. Found it sitting on an initramfs boot screen with an fsck error. Manually ran the fsck and the system booted. When it came up web gui would not work - it displayed but I could not do anything - trying to log in gave me a spinning circle which eventually errored out.

Doing some investigation I found that the engined service is not running.

When I try to run omv-engined -d -f I get "Illegal Instruction"

I read something about php5 but I think that was related to a Pi. This is running on a Proliant Gen 9 file server.

Tried first-aid clearing cache and no change.

Any help appreciated very much!
    Rich

Ok did it with the Debian installer and got the same message - big red screen "Failed to partition the selected disk" This probably happened because the selected disk or free space is too small to be automatically partitioned.

I'm trying to do it with manually partitioning the disk and swap area. It's installing the base system right now.

Rich

Hello All,

I'm getting an error trying to install to an 8GB USB drive saying that the device is too small. Clearly that is not the case since the installed OS is taking up less than 2gb on my 4TB spinning drive that I did a test install on.

Why is it so difficult to get this thing installed on USB? It's such a great NAS yet the installer clearly has issues. People are having to resort to installing on large drives, then shrinking partitions and cloning over to another device so they can get it installed on the device they want it installed on or using the parent distro (debian) to netinstall which for me isn't pleasant with only 3Mbit of bandwidth. It took me over an hour to download the ISO for omv.

I've tried installing to my 8GB usb drive on several systems both from a real dvd drive and a usb dvd drive and get the same error no matter where I try. Ultimately I have a machine with 16gb of ram and 16TB (in 4 individual 4 TB drives) that I want to install on and I don't want to use up a 4TB drive for a 2GB install. This machine has no additional sata ports for a separate SSD so my choice was to run on USB except I can't seem to get it installed.

Don't know what to do from here. Please help!!

Rich