Beiträge von phil.brown87

This may be more of a linux question than specific to omv. I am not sure what happened but I got a notification that my server was offline. I suspect a power interruption. Attempting to restart the server results in a boot screen where I can select to but Linux/GNU or select other options. Either attempting to boot as normal or boot in "safe mode" results in the process hanging. Any suggestions? Sorry if this should be asked on a Debian forum...

I was having similar regular crashes. Logs weren't giving much info. Turns out I had a stick of RAM that had gone bad. I had 2 x 4GB sticks installed. I took one out and tried to boot and server has been running for 5 days without issue whereas before was barely making it 24 hours. Ordered fresh RAM.

If your improved cooling does not solve the problem may want to try something similar.

It was docker that was listed as using port 80. I stopped docker and now nothing is listed as using port 80.

However, trying to change the OMV port to 81 using omv-firstaid still fails with "ERROR: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable" error message.

After stopping docker and freeing up port 80, do I need to reassign port 80 to OMV? How to do that without using omv-firstaid?

I have been using the omv web portal through port 81 after I needed port 80 for nextcloud. I recently installed some updates from through the portal and after that update I lost access to the web portal, with port 81 no longer working. Port 80 still directs me to nextcloud and I can access portainer through port 9000.

If I enter omv-firstaid into ssh and go to configure web portal, it currently has port 80 entered, however if I try to change this to port 81, nothing happens, the screen stays blue until after a few minutes I get the following error message:

ERROR: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

Suggestions?

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. I was working with OMV 4 when my boot drive failed. I got a new SSD to use as a boot drive and thought this was a good time to do a upgrade to OMV 5. The data disks are the same from the two systems, the SSD is brand new.

After install, the first thing I do is mount the data drive then try to activate SMB/CIFS I get the exact same error about localmaster.

I tried to clear the browser cache through omv-firstaid, however this does not help. Unless I am doing the clearing wrong or need to restart or take some other action after clearing the cache.

Apologies if I should not be reviving an old thread.

Thanks

EDIT: I just realized, when you say clear browser cache you mean the browser used to access the server. I cleared the cache and SMB activates just fine now. Apologies for confusion, it was my silly mistake.