Posts by paqman

I've got an OMV5 server running on my Raspberry Pi 3b. I have a 2TB external drive attached to it (with it's own power) that is shared out via SMB to my network. My computers back up their files to that drive on a daily basis.

The other day I attached a second hard drive to it to set up rsync between the two drives. This second drive is a new 2.5" drive that is powered via USB, so getting it's power from the Pi. I started the first Rsync of the data last night before bed. There is about 1.5TB of data to copy over. When I checked it today, it had only copied about 600GB of data, and still going. The time I checked it, it had been going for 14 hours. So that's roughly 12 MBps per second, or 96 mbps. Am I doing the math right? Is this what I should be expecting? I know USB 2.0 standards are much higher, closer to 450mbps. But what other limitations might I be hitting?

Also, during the night and throughout today I have been receiving alerts from the monitoring system. Mostly these:

Event: Resource limit matched
    Description: loadavg (5min) of 4.1 matches resource limit [loadavg (5min) > 4.0]

Running top, the load does run between 3 and 4.5 when I check it, but cpu percentage is very minimal, less than 1% most of the time. Temperature of the pi is also great, at like 35C.

Also got one of these, but only one and not until this morning:

Service: collectd
    Event: Does not exist
    Description: process is not running
    This triggered the monitoring system to: restart

It restarted collectd a minute later. Any thoughts?

Just did a fresh install of Buster lite on my Rpi4. Had wifi setup and working just fine. Until I installed OMV5. After installing OMV wifi stopped working. wpa_supplicant.config looked just fine. I hooked up an ethernet cable so I could connect to the admin interface. Logged in to the web gui and tried to create a wifi interface. It failed with a big long error. Here is the error, then the details below:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd 2>&1' with exit code '1': /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/path.py:265: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working if not isinstance(exes, collections.Iterable): testpi: ---------- ID: configure_etc_network_interfaces Function: file.managed Name: /etc/network/interfaces Result: True Comment: File /etc/network/interfaces is in the correct state Started: 17:11:22.673114 Duration: 64.328 ms Changes: ---------- ID: remove_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 17:11:22.739119 Duration: 2.398 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_netplan_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: ['/etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml', '/etc/netplan/30-openmediavault-wlan0.yaml'] Started: 17:11:22.741845 Duration: 2.589 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: - /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml - /etc/netplan/30-openmediavault-wlan0.yaml ---------- ID: configure_netplan_default Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml updated Started: 17:11:22.744783 Duration: 17.438 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: configure_netplan_wifi_wlan0 Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/30-openmediavault-wlan0.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/30-openmediavault-wlan0.yaml updated Started: 17:11:22.762542 Duration: 67.588 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: apply_netplan_config Function: cmd.run Name: netplan apply Result: False Comment: Command "netplan apply" run Started: 17:11:22.831862 Duration: 299.97 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 3063 retcode: 1 stderr: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/sbin/netplan", line 23, in <module> netplan.main() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/core.py", line 50, in main self.run_command() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command self.func() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 43, in run self.run_command() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command self.func() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 93, in command_apply stderr=subprocess.DEVNULL) File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 347, in check_call raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd) subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['udevadm', 'test-builtin', 'net_setup_link', '/sys/class/net/lo']' returned non-zero exit status 1. stdout: Summary for testpi ------------ Succeeded: 5 (changed=5) Failed: 1 ------------ Total states run: 6 Total run time: 454.311 ms

And the details:

Anyone had this issue? How can I get wifi working with OMV? Btw, I noticed some of those depricated errors popping up during the OMV install. This one:

Code
    Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working if not

Thanks!

Well, I thought that might have done it, it got me to the login page. Although with that much missing, I would imagine a bug would rear it's ugly head eventually, so figured I might just have to start over anyway. Luckily, it's a pretty base install. I install buster lite, install OMV, change a couple of basic settings, and set up some user shares. Really I could do what I'm doing without OMV, I'm mostly using it for it's ease of administering samba shares, and a few of the little tools. But I do like OMV as a nice front end management system that I can use without having to VNC into the machine or anything. Gives me a way to administer the box headless. So my reinstall won't take long. Thanks for the help. Here's the error I got after the reinstall if you're curious:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Maybe someone could give me a sample listing of what should be in /var/www/openmediavault, and maybe the permissions? Is that where the web root should be? It seems to me there should be more files in there. The only thing I have in there is a js directory. This is literally the only thing in /var/www/openmediavault:

./js/omv/util/i18nDict.js

Did some crap get wiped out? Do I need to start over and reinstall?

I've got a Pi3 with OMV4 on it sharing out some samba shares to my network that I use to take backups on. Just built it a few days ago, and it's been running fine, no issues. Today I got on it to just make a little script to alert me if my backups failed. Which involved installing msmtp. That's pretty much all I did. Now I can't get to the webgui, and it gives me a 403 Forbidden error. I tried running omv-firstaid, but get command not found (running as root). When I tail the openmediavault-webui_error.log, it shows a bunch of the following error:

*1 directory index of "/var/www/openmediavault/" is forbidden, client: ::ffff:127.0.0.1, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "127.0.0.1"

Anyone know what the heck might have happened? I've run apt update and apt upgrade, and rebooted, but to no avail. I can't seem to get the web gui to load.