Posts by daniele82

Hi at all,
    I tried all you suggest but I continue to have problems to update my system. At the beginning, I had the same error that give the name at the thread. Removing the file /etc/apt/apt.conf I'm able to upgrade the system from the version 1.18 to 1.19. After this, I tried to update the system at the 2.X version without result. I also execute the command omv-mkconf omvextrasorg aptclean, apt-get clean, update, upgrade and dist-upgrade but always with negative result, the system tells me I haven't nothing to update. Any idea?
    Thanks in advanced.

Ok, now I can see all folders...I don't know whats happen but seem all works fine.
    I do others test but for the moment, thanks a lot for your support and patience.
    This community is amazing, solve all problems in a very shortly time :)

Guys, has happen something of strange. I have four shared folders. To try the tekkb suggestion, I removed from SMB/CIFS section one folder (where I haven't files) and recreated the sharing option. After, i opened the window manager at my \\ip_of_nas and now I see and I can browse the others three folder, but not the folder where I recreated the setting. Any suggestion?

tekkb, yes. I reboot the server many times, I'm trying to solve this specific problem from yesterday, when I finish to resolve the problems encountered after the upgrade.

subzero79, yes we talking about SMB. I execute your command and I receive this output:

Code
    root@openmediavaultNAS:~# ps ax | grep 'nmbd\|smbd'
    2566 ? Ss 0:00 /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
    2569 ? Ss 0:00 /usr/sbin/smbd -D
    2581 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/smbd -D
    2967 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/smbd -D
    3165 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/smbd -D
    4571 pts/0 S+ 0:00 grep nmbd\|smbd

Both, windows and linux machine. I always used without problems the SMB shared folders.
    I don't know if can is a problem, but when I upgraded OMV, I forgot to remove the RAID disks but seem haven't reported problems. I have a RAID5.

subzero79 thanks for your response but I don't understood very well what you told.
    Under "service discovery" SMB is active. I tried to re-save the configuration with no result.
    Thanks for your support.

Hi guys,
    after update OMV from version 0.5.X to 1.0.X, I had a lot of problem I resolved following the threads are reported in the section Problems while Upgrading in the guide Upgrade from latest OMV 0.5.X to OMV 1.0. Now OMV works perfectly, but when I open with explorer or other file manager the remote server, I don't found anything, my shared folders are not showed. I done a check under OMV, RAID is clear and filesystem is mounted and online. If I browse the system with the command line, I see all my data and the permissions seem to be right. Someone have a idea about what happened?

Thanks in advanced.

I restarted the system in recovery mode but when I executed the first command I received this error:

Code
    md: md0 still in use.
    mdadm: failed to stop array /dev/md0: Device or resource busy
    Parhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume groups?

I'm searching a way to solve.

Ok clear. The output of the command is:

What means?

Thanks, thanks, thanks, you saved my data.
    There is only a small problem to solve. The RAID is working only with three driver (sdc,sdb, sdd) and for this RAID is degraded. I tried to add the last driver (sda) but is not displayed in the list when in "RAID Management" I have selected "Recover" option.
    In addition to, before the driver with the OS inside was "sda", now this is signed with "sde", can give problem? I ask because in your command I used "sd[abcd]" and I want to be sure the the fourth driver isn't use because I have written something of wrong.

Thank you again, I hope to help the community as you.

I'll try to do the steps starting the system in recovery mode. I'll know the good tool you reported, but the problem with my system is the MB is too old and doesn't support the boot from USB very well. I execute the commands and I give at you the feedback as soon as possible. Thanks.

Hi ryecoaaron,
    at the moment the system is normally started and I can start in recovery mode also. Do you think it's better execute the command booting the system from the CD? Because at the moment my system don't have a CD reader but if need, I search one.

Thanks a lot for your rapid support.

Hi ryecoaaron,
    thanks for your reply. I think the response at your question is in the third block of code but I rewrite here to be more comprensible:

Code
    root@openmediavaultNAS:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities :
    md0 : inactive sdc[1](S) sdd[3](S) sdb[4](S) sda[0](S)
    636544279 blocks super 1.2
    unused devices: <none>

Thanks for your support.

Hi guys,
    this morning I'm continue my study to found a solution at my problem and I read others four conversations:

Code
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1854188
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/raid5-with-mdadm-does-not-ron-or-rebuild-505361/
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/failed-raid5-disk-array-questions-about-mdadm-and-recovery-761209/#post3715706
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1101748&page=2

I have always more confusion in my mind but I think to search a solution, we need to have more information about the status of the system. I report all I done.

I checked all drivers and appears to be all ok:

and the last one:

I don't know why the command spoken of ext2, my partition was ext4.

I am hoping someone with more knowledge than myself can help me because I am sure the data is still there, I need only to rebuild the array.

Have a nice day at all.