Beiträge von calgon2000

Sorry, I'm a Linux newbie.

I did the first part (adding the rule to 60-persistent-storage.rules) but nothing changed :(

I don't know how to do the second part. How can I create a serial.sh file inside the root folder? I do not have access to this as 'pi' user :(

Thanks.

You can “fix” this by adding a rule to /lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules after the entry for “Fall back usb_id for USB devices”:

Code
    # JMicron drive fix
    KERNEL=="sd*", ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="JMicron", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", PROGRAM="/root/serial.sh %k", ENV{ID_SERIAL}="USB-%c", ENV{ID_SERIAL_SHORT}="%c"

You will also need to create /root/serial.sh containing the following:

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    /sbin/hdparm -I /dev/$1 | grep 'Serial Number' | awk '{print $3}'

This will ensure that unique paths are created based on the serial number of the actual drives and not the enclosures.

Hello guys,

Sorry to bother you with something that might have been already dealt with but I can't find my precise problem. Let me explain.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4B+ with the RockHat in order to build a small RAID unit with 2 SSD EVO 250 Go (maybe later 4 of them, we'll see).

Under Gparted, there is no problem, I see my system on the microSD and the two SSDs (sda and sdb).

I followed the script installation for OMV and after the system has boot up I'm trying to access OMV.

1- under 'raid management' nothing is there so I tried to create an array.

2- I can choose from mirroring, stripping or types of RAID but no unit is shown there so, the system tells me to add at least two.

3- I went to 'disks' only to notice that my sda is not shown, only the sdb.

From there, I'm lost. Why only sdb is shown? Why can't I at least see sdb under 'raid management'?

Please help. I'm trying to solve this, reading numerous forums and posts for about 4 weeks :(

Thanks!