Beiträge von ubrfkr

You should add "nofail" to the options of your file system, if a disk is missing the unionfs will just not be mounted, then you can boot normaly and recreate the unionfs with an other disk and rebuild missing data

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenM…1/mergerfs_drive_failure/

Thank you milouz.

This sounds exactly what I need to do. However, I have been trying to add the nofail option without success.

All the thumbdrives have the option already in fstab. I can't add it for the union volume.

When I try to include the option during gui setup of the merge, I get an error when applying the changes.

I have also tried to add the option to fstab after creating the merge but I can't do that either.

Any advice?

First time OMV user. Testing my planned set-up with USB thumb drives before deployment.

I am using unionfs and SnapRAID.

I want to test if SnapRAID works so I set up a simple 3 drive array (one parity, 2 with content/data).

After syncing I "simulate a drive failure" (yank out the thumb drive).

Under the Disks panel the missing disk is replaced with this: /dev/disk/by-label/[missingdisklabel]

I can not remove that entry. I tried replacing the disk and wiping it/creating a new FS on it but it didn't work.

If i reboot the machine, the missing disk is a dependancy of the unionfs volume (and for /dev/disk/by-label/[missingdisklabel]).

The OS boots into emergency mode, if I press ctr-d it claims it is "starting default target" but just loops back to emergency mode.

Ultimately I just want to be able to go through the process of setting up an array, losing a disk and recovering it.

Could somone please advise me?