Beiträge von eBomber

Hi, after upgrade to 2.15, this morning I received an error mail regarding Shairport:

Code
    /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
    shairport is not installed
    error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/shairport.log
    /var/log/shairport.err
    '
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

I uninstalled and reinstalled via GUI, and now when I try to turn it, I get the following error message:

I tried to uninstall it via CLI, reboot and reinstall again without luck

Any idea how to fix it?

Hi
    I'm trying install Wake On LAN plugin without success.
    Every time I select the plugin and press install appears the install window, but never end the process

I would appreciate any help, thanks !

You're welcome jvanloi,

As I said I am quite newbie, I only explained a bit what I had read here and other sites about it, but I think you've seen the pros and cons for your needs.
    At first I also thought about using ZFS but, as you indicate, its needs of RAM (preferably ECC) and more complex scalability, made me give up.
    For virtulización is certainly better to let CPU and RAM resources. In my case I think I'm short on memory and I only use it to virtualize some Win and Linux (my computers are Macs).

Welcome jvanoli,
    other more experienced members can comment better, but I think it is a powerful configuration to start, mine is on the same server, but more "domestic".
    The raid controller is hardware? I read reviews that suggest that it's better software raid.

Currently I use it as a file repository (CIFS/SMB), media server (PLEX), download manager, several virtual machines Win/Linux with VBox and I'm happy with it.

Sunseeker,
    I turned it off and now I've been reactivated (a week ago) and hasn't sent me any message, I don't know why.

The only two changes I am aware are: OMV version and having disabled / enabled.

I think that before ordering the change would have to confirm that still sending messages.

So if I have not misunderstood WastlJ and Votdev,
    If the recycle bin is used, cron send a message informing daily. You have deleted files or not.

As I said on previous post, I get the message from version 1.0, previously I don't remember.
    Now, two days ago I've reactivated recycle bin and I haven't received any message.

I don’t know if Sunseeker can confirm.

Hi Andre
    Tired of messages and how, for me, was not vital Recycle Bin I turned it off.
    I'll try to activate it again and see
    if appear again the
    cron messages.
    I will report the results.

Thank you ryecoaaron!
    I checked the configuration of the bin, because I remembered that I had set every 2 weeks and so has not been changed:

I do not remember that before upgrading to V1.0 receive the message and
    I get the message with empty trash or not, is indifferent.

Hello,
    I receive the following message from cron every day

Code
    /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-samba-recycle:
    Please wait, empty recyle bin of </media/186b8d0a-4375-4b98-b97e-8565fe8f6f9c/multimedia/> ...
    Please wait, empty recyle bin of </media/186b8d0a-4375-4b98-b97e-8565fe8f6f9c/publico/> ...

what does it mean?
    Maybe it's a configuration problem with SAMBA?