Beiträge von cshores11

Thank you so much for your response! I will give your links a look and try this out.

The OMV is actually on port 81 (sorry I forgot to mention that) Could there be an issue with interference between port 80 and 81? (Don't know if that is a thing) Should I try something like port 90? I will try this again. I tried it with Macvlan before and had massive stability issues. The pihole would go out and cripple my internet after about an hour and I could not log back in. The only (easy) way to fix this was to just reimage OMV from my save state.

Thanks!

Hey All,

So I am new to all of this- couldn't even figure out which section to put this in because I don't have a background in tech, I am a personal finance teacher that is incredibly interested in tech, security, and privacy. I am trying to learn things as they come and loving my new hobby!

My goal is to just have a local NAS (not interested in VPN support, looking to leave my private files at home with a Time Machine backup) and run Pi-Hole on it since it's hard-wired to the router.

I just got it all set up- but over the past few days I have been bombarded with monitoring emails and I can't seem to figure it out. The email reads,

"Service: nginx
    Event: Connection failed
    Description: failed protocol test [HTTP] at [127.0.0.1]:443 [TCP/IP TLS] -- HTTP: Error receiving data -- Connection timed out
    This triggered the monitoring system to: restart"

I get about 10-15/day some say success, most say "connection failed"

I think this has something to do with the Pi-Hole because... (See Images)

1) In Portainer- Pihole Container- under Network, I have the primary DNS set to 127.0.0.1 (Honestly I don't know what this means or what it is, I just found instructions online that said do this)

2) In OMV I have SSL set to port 443

3) in Portainer- PiHole Container- Manual network port publishing- One of my ports, Host: 447- Container: 443

- Deploying the container said Host 443 was used (most likely by SSL on OMV) so I switched it to 447 and got the Pi-Hole working.

---Tried Host: 447 - Container: 447 but the Pi-Hole wouldn't work, stumbled upon 447-443 and the pi-hole started to work.

If anyone could help give me some direction, maybe a bit of education, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you all!!!