Beiträge von disrupted

that’s not correct. The modify button works on current container base image. If you update the image, the old one becomes untagged. Modify will pick from untagged.@nicjo814 created it in this way. He must had his reasons

I have some commits in the plugin to change this. Some sort of enable the image drop down menu in the run container panel. I haven’t yet think about if is a good thing or not.

okay wow, this is surprising. I used it multiple times in the past (pre-watchtower era) to update my Plex Media Server and the update alert on my devices always went away. Of course a separate GUI button would be much preferred though !

If you just want to update a container once you can also just pull the image manually again, then click the "modify" button in the WebUI for the selected container and hit save. This will essentially build the container again with the newer image.

However for the long run it makes sense to use watchtower, I am using the one from v2tec's repo.

sudo docker run -d -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock --restart unless-stopped --name watchtower v2tec/watchtower --cleanup --schedule "0 0 2 * * 1"
    This is telling it to run in daemon mode, mount the docker daemon inside so it can run against the API, restart always unless stopped, naming it watchtower, the repo, cleanup after pulling updates (aka rid of dangling images), and scheduled to run at 2AM on Mondays every week

shouldn't it be --schedule "0 2 * * 1" then?

watchtower is the way to go to automate the process of updating your containers regularly.
    I have mine set up to run every night at 4AM:

Code
    sudo docker run -d -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock --restart unless-stopped --name watchtower v2tec/watchtower --rm=true --cleanup --schedule "0 0 4 * * *"

this thread may help you: Docker Pull+Restart Script [SOLVED]

Something seems to have broken my setup. On the local network I can access the OMV WebUI just fine. However as of lately the remote access through my dyndns setup seems completely broken. I am seeing the default "Welcome to nginx!" page instead of the OMV WebUI. I browsed the forum and found countless similar threads, however most of them are referring to OMV 1.0 and the solutions didn't work for me (possibly outdated).

I tried running omv-firstaid and received an error as well which is super strange

Code
    File "/usr/sbin/omv-firstaid", line 23, in <module>
        import dialog
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'dialog'

Even reinstalling the openmediavault package doesn't work.

What can I do to rescue my setup?

I rebooted my machine today. When it was back up and I ssh'ed in I was really shocked to see most of the directories in the ZFS pool were gone. To my surprise zpool status didn't report any errors.

Now the web interface still reports the correct amount of data in the ZFS pool (2.91 TB used, 612 GB free) but the actual file structure appears to be empty

Code
    (general) root@vault:/# du -h /pool | tail -1
    32K	/pool

Really need some help please! I don't want to screw this up, obviously there's some important data on these drives.

getting a different error message now, sorry for the trouble. my pool now says DEGRADED after I rebooted as advised

Code
    Fehler #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; parted -s /dev/sda mklabel gpt 2>&1' with exit code '1': Error: Partition(s) 1 on /dev/sda have been written, but we have been unable to inform the kernel of the change, probably because it/they are in use. As a result, the old partition(s) will remain in use. You should reboot now before making further changes.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/omvzfs/Utils.php(395): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1) #1 /usr/share/omvzfs/Utils.php(25): OMVModuleZFSUtil::exec('parted -s /dev/...', Array, 1) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/zfs.inc(460): OMVModuleZFSUtil::setGPTLabel('/dev/sda') #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceZFS->expandPool(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('expandPool', Array, Array) #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ZFS', 'expandPool', Array, Array, 1) #7 {main}

UPDATE: the pool is gone !

root@vault:~# zpool status
    no pools available
    root@vault:~# zpool import tank
    cannot import 'tank': no such pool available

Fixed in 3.0.17

damn, that was very quick. Unfortunately I still receive an error after upgrading to 3.0.17 however. In fact looks like the very same to me:

Code: The data model rpc.zfs.exportpool does not exist.
    Fehler #0: exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'The data model 'rpc.zfs.exportpool' does not exist.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/datamodel/manager.inc:149 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(42): OMV\DataModel\Manager->getModel('rpc.zfs.exportp...') #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(169): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->__construct('rpc.zfs.exportp...') #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/zfs.inc(432): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, 'rpc.zfs.exportp...') #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceZFS->expandPool(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('expandPool', Array, Array) #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ZFS', 'expandPool', Array, Array, 1) #7 {main}

I am getting a similar error message when trying to expand my existing Mirror to RAIDZ1 by adding an additional hard drive. OMV 3.0.74 w/ latest openmediavault-zfs 3.0.16 package

Code: The data model rpc.zfs.exportpool does not exist.
    Fehler #0: exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'The data model 'rpc.zfs.exportpool' does not exist.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/datamodel/manager.inc:149 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(42): OMV\DataModel\Manager->getModel('rpc.zfs.exportp...') #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(169): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->__construct('rpc.zfs.exportp...') #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/zfs.inc(432): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, 'rpc.zfs.exportp...') #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceZFS->expandPool(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('expandPool', Array, Array) #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ZFS', 'expandPool', Array, Array, 1) #7 {main}

I have a 2TB NTFS drive full of data I wanted to copy over to my new ZFS pool. I plugged it in and OMV immediately recognized it under the >File Systems tab. After mounting it however, it just won't show up under /media or /mnt even though NTFS seems to be supported by OMV. What could be the issue here?

Code
    Disk /dev/sdc: 1.8 TiB, 2000398934016 bytes, 3907029168 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: dos
    Disk identifier: 0x4fb32867

Device     Boot Start        End    Sectors  Size Id Type
    /dev/sdc1        2048 3907026943 3907024896  1.8T  7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT