Posts by corentin-n

Hello guys, fresh install following the main tutorial (I've seen the rules). I ran into an issue, at the end of the installation, when I try to access my IP address on a browser I got the nginx default page.

Try to check monit service -> runs but logs some errors about php-fpm saying php is not running.

Then I try to check php7.3-fpm status and it appears it's not running because the service failed (code=killed, signal=ILL)

tried to reinstall php and restart, doesn't work.

Any idea what to do?

Hello there, it's been 5 days that I'm trying to install last version of OMV on my RaspBerry Pi 3B+ without any success. I'm supposed to be a noob with raspbian and this kind of low-level programing / commands running but still, I spent a lot of time searching on internet & forums for a solutions and today after severals tries, I must give up.

So here is a detailed description of what I've done & what I've encountered:

1- I cleaned my SDcard, erased & did format the entire thing, then flashed the SDcard with: 2020-02-13-raspbian-buster-lite.img

2- I added an empty ssh file (with no extension) to the freshly flashed SDcard. Then plugged the SDcard in the Pi 3B+ and started the baby

3- I used wnetwatcher to get the rasp IP and used PuTTY to connect and then logged as pi user, updated pi password & root password

4- Then followed the classic tuto with

- sudo adduser pi ssh

- sudo apt-get update

- sudo apt-get upgrade

- sudo reboot (Everything going wthout any errors so far)

5- Until I login again and do:

- wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

Here after 16 minutes, in the bash I can see one error during the installation saying:

Then the installation ends with this final line:

Code
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    monit
    openmediavault
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    failed to install openmediavault package.

6- So at this stage, based on what I found on forums (here), I run:

- sudo apt-get install monit=1:5.25.2-3

During the installation I can see those items in the bash: (6 lines like that about a python Lib)

Code
    " Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working"

Then during the installation this screen appears:

7- So at the end of the installation I run:

- sudo omv-confdbadm populate

Then when I try to access the IP on my browser, I got the 502 bad gateway error of nginx (and I had already cleared my cache)

6- so here I am, I'm stuck. And apparently 'php-fpm' seems to be the problem as when I'm running:

- sudo systemctl status monit

I get:

And when I run

- sudo monit status

I get everything ok instead of:

So I think that nginx may not be working properly because of php-fpm that "Does not exist" causing monit no working well.

I restarted nginx and then checked the status with:

- sudo systemctl restart nginx

- sudo systemctl status nginx

But nginx seems to be working (everything green, no errors).

So I tried to restart php-fpm:

- sudo systemctl restart php-fpm

But get: "Failed to restart php-fpm.service: Unit php-fpm.service not found."

Ok so php-fpm isn't installed ?

I tried the same with php5-fpm, same relust, doesn't exist.

So I tried installing it manually:

- sudo apt install php-fpm

But I get:

Code
    php-fpm is already the newest version (2:7.3+69).
    php-fpm set to manually installed.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 13 not upgraded.

Wait ? so This means that php is installed, up to date, but doesn't exist right?

Guys please, I spent so many hours trying to fix this by myself, All the hardware is brand new, the SD is 32G, the PowerSupply is new. I just don't understand what is happening wrong with my installation.

I just think that it may be php but maybe I'm wrong, once again I'm a beginner.

Thanks for you support, futur helps and time.

Sudo reboot Corentin