Posts by Soma

I have an appdata folder, but I don't share it over the network. Its just where I store all my /config directories.

Ditto.

But the youtube guide gurus, (when I found OMV, and docker for that matter) first thing they would say was to create a shared folder on OMV named appdata and have all container volumes pointing to it.

Hence my rant, ;)

as this is about photoprism and openmediavault, i'm trying to ask a question. I was going down the docker route. Never thought about plugin, i'm docker focused since years, so....

...but even though it "should" be everything configured right, whenever i try to connect to the reverse proxied fqdn, i'm getting the omv login page back not the photoprism page. Any hints?

How are you reverse proxying? Via SWAG?

docker logs will print the logs as it does it if you used the standard log driver. You will not see any difference.

Give it a try, but you will need to recreate the container after you change the daemon.json file.

Am far away from home ATM, but might test it just to see the diffs, ;)

or make docker log to journald by editing /etc/docker/daemon.json to

something like this:

Code
    {
      "log-driver": "journald"
    }

Won't this makes it a bit more difficult to read them?

I mean, if you only want to see what is going on with a specific container, won't you have to scourge the whole journald?

I need access to the volumes and configs, honestly it's just useful in general

And then, you have issues with permissions (as you're having).

Heck, you shouldn't even make a shared folder called appdata as it's seen in most youtube guides.

But if that's what you want/need, I hope you can sort it out.

Just don't advocate it so you won't make others think that it's a good thing, PLEASE.

I'm wondering if portainer logs are also moved to the ramdisk. I've disabled logging for other containers, but can't work out how to disable logging for portainer from the gui, and if that's necessary if using flash memory.

Portainer will save any logs under the path that it runs.
    When installing docker, if you use the "default" path, it will be under /var/lib/docker.

If you set it to a different path, it will be under it.

For e.g., I set my docker root to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-sd_configs/@docker so the portainer_data and it's logs are under that:

If you mean the logs from the containers you run and can be seen in Portainer, the logs for each one of them are under the volumes you have set for each individual container.
    In this example, the logs from SWAG are under the config/log/ folder inside the container which is the same as /srv/dev-disk-by-label-sd_configs/@docker/swag/config/log/ on the host.

My main problem now is that not access WEB

You should first give more info on what you did and the commands you used.

From the posts that are shown, the only thing that is known is that you can't access the OMV GUI, SSH works, Windows access works, ping works and that you tried to install shell in a box.

You tried and installed? Or tried and it errored somehow?

Did you removed it again? What commands, if affirmative?

And what architecture are you on? AMD64? i386? arm?

I use the linuxxsurver/swag Container and i use also a PUID and a PGID in my compose-files.

That's how most people here do, ;)

But if you still feel unsecure, you can block all external access and run those containers only locally.

Install Wireguard and only access the LAN services while tunneled via VPN.

In the end, you'll always have to feel a bit unsafe since there's always a port open to the outside.

Only way to feel 100% secure is to power down the server and disconnect all cables, (sorry just joking)

Also just FYI, this is my fstab (your's should look similar)

Code
    pi@xxxxxxxx:~ $ cat /etc/fstab
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    PARTUUID=8f4dbd00-01 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
    LABEL=sd_btrfs / btrfs noatime,nodiratime,defaults,ssd,subvol=@root,compress=zstd 0 0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/wolf1                /srv/dev-disk-by-label-wolf1    btrfs   defaults,nofail 0 0
    /dev/disk/by-label/sd_configs           /srv/dev-disk-by-label-sd_configs       btrfs   defaults,nofail,noatime,ssd     0 0
    # <<< [openmediavault]

sudo btrfs filesystem show:

It always shows it can't find my BTRFS RAID 1 file system (that I have created manually long time ago).

Ok, I too have a RAID1 created on OMV5 and am curious about what is going on with your system.

I haven't had time to do the update to OMV6 yet so, don't know if this will happen to me.

As to try to help:

How did you created the RAID1 on OMV5?

What is the output of cat /etc/fstab?

As for comparison (this is still OMV5)

As you can see, it will only show 1 drive since the RAID1 on BTRFS was made on CLI (AFAIK, OMV5 can't do it on GUI).

This means that your OMV is seeing the proper drive on the MNTENT:

some DockerContainer are accessible from the Internet. I would therefore feel more secure

If they're all behind letsencrypt/swag then they should be secured.

And containers don't need run with ID 0.

That is why it's advocated on this forum to create a user to be used for docker and run the containers with that user.

Sorry to say but there's no partition table showing on the drive.

AFAIK, even if you try to initialize the drive with a new partition table, ALL data will be gone.

Maybe try googleFU to see if something can be recovered.

This is way over my pay-grade, sorry.