Beiträge von decoutinho

Yes, don't use Raid especially Raid0, your Raid has returned as inactive and shows one drive missing, that means bye bye data. The issue is kernel related and has nothing to do with OMV use an earlier kernel and set that as the default and try again.

First tks 4 your answer :thumbup:

I think I managed to solve it :/
    I tried to change the kenel, tested it with 5.4.x , 5.5.x and even tried a 3.x and I couldn't solve it.

I gave it a chance to risk the Proxmox kernel in extras and to my surprise it worked, I managed to assemble, create and use the partition without having to change the layout in the kernel.

(5.4.34-1pve) has worked so far, in case of any problems I ll came to give feedback.
    If you know a kernel that is more stable please let me know that I will do the test.

Thanks in advance

PS. The only solution found to fix the problem was to replace the kernel. ( or changing the raid layout to layout2 in the kernel and reassembling)

Hi,

In the last two weeks I tried to solve the layout problem in Raid OMV but without success.
    Whenever I try to create a raid through WEBPortal, an error is displayed
    (RUN_ARRAY failed: Unknown error 524)

After much research I found the solution: Given the command:

$ echo 1> / sys / module / raid0 / parameters / default_layout

With that it was possible to mount raid0 by mdadm and OMV recognized and mounted, everything working. :love:
    However, the next day the raid was gone.||
    On the omv it said "Missing"
    $root @ ServerX: ~ # cat / proc / mdstat Personalities: [raid0] [linear] [multipath] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10] md0: inactive sdb1 [1] (S) 488252407 blocks super 1.2

I tried to redo the raid in OMV and it presented the same error:
    (RUN_ARRAY failed: Unknown error 524)

I did the process again, typing on the console:
    $ echo 1> / sys / module / raid0 / parameters / default_layout
    And again the raid set up and worked. (I had to delete and recreate, I lost the data);(
    And this was repeated during that week 3 times. The discs are 100% healthy. After much searching I saw several people complaining about this problem in debian.

Can anyone help me fix it permanently? I need the raid on the HDs for performance, I don't have SSDs.