Posts by bunducafe

As I am accessing also the same shares with both protocols it's kind of easy to rename the AFP shares through the config-file in order to make it clearer for both admins and regular users

Thanks I will do memtest this morning, turns out it's not a PSU issue

One more thing: Do you have a USP Battery set up? I had a lot of random reboots recently and it turned out that the USP battery was the culprit. Once I got rid of it everything worked as expected again.

Any particular reason for using AFP? Even Apple recommends SMB...

For me it is way faster than SMB in combination with my setups (helios64 and HC1), especially when it comes to transfer a lot of small files.
    There are several threads here on how to adjust the SMB settings accordingly but I always got back to AFP for getting more speed. But, of course, it might be completely different on your setup so I think everyone has to do a little bit of trial and error in order find the right protocol.

Yep, I would also say you have to consult the kobol-forum. I remember some threads about the fan issue which I never had. Here is one thread for example (https://forum.armbian.com/topi…3-fan-not-working-at-all/) there might be others, too.

ryecoaaron I do hope it's gonna be a sloooooooow death although it is inevitable as Kobol pulled the plug. But I love that unit very much and I do believe that I will have fun with it for another long period.

Apple owns samba. You would think it would be better. Did you ever try nfs?

Yep, I also tried nfs which was about the same as samba speedwise... For the moment I am happy as I don't want to do trial an error with modifying samba settings. To me it is just strange that it is such a huge difference - at least in my setup.

Very old thread, but I just wanted to say how pleased I am to went back from SMB to AFP protocol. It might be really deprecated anytime soon, but meanwhile I am so happy with fast access to me NAS (Helios64). It's double the speed that I get with OMV6 and Samba shares. I just don't get it why netatalk is being abandoned for a protocol that does not work entirely well in the macOS universe...

I'm waiting for it too but you can install and use the package manually.

Decryption is also possible via the SSH console.

Or do an automated decrypt with a temporarily inserted USB stick. Work's flawlessly and no need to use within OMV. When I do restart my server outside of the office via VPN, then I decrypt the drives manually within the ssh terminal. A bit more typing but again: work's without issues.

Well, because of your post... I decided there was no choice but to kidnap Aaron. He is now locked in my basement and soon I will begin pumping him full of Starbucks and Methamphetamine. I can't guarantee his work will be accurate.. but it will done.

Serious.. cut the guy some slack. He's got a real job to you know. I think the progress he's made is pretty freaking amazing considering most of these plugins were a complete rewrite.

;)

And of course you can make a donation to your (and his!) liking.

If we helped, click here

This link is not working for me... shows a 404 page...

Yet: I also would like to contribute and would be glad if I can find somewhere valid credentials where I can do a PayPal or whatever payment in order to give a little bit back. I know votdev and ryecoaaron (and others) are putting a lot of effort into the development and are not asking for anything (which is very kind and humble) but I do believe that a post / link where regular users like me could just make a little donation would facilitate the whole process ;)

So: could somebody help me out?

Edit: Found this page in the meantime: https://www.openmediavault.org/?page_id=1149

Is that the correct link for donations and does everybody who is involved in this beautiful project get something out of this?

+1 with an error that the File name is too long (and I am not using capital characters) while restart the mergerfs Pool.

It's no big thing at the moment as I am running MergerFS in fstab anyway without the plugin but just wanted to give it a go...

Well OMV6 progressed to "Release candidate" maturity on 8Nov (see announcement in blog)

As your are not sharing details about the email service provider I'd guess gmail and have to ask if all documented notes here have been considered?

I did indeed miss the RC flag, but the problem remains the same. I flipped through the Changelog but could not identify any changes that were made with the notification system.

And yes, I was setting it up with a gmail account but could also give a different address a try.

As OMV6 ist still in Alpha I did not want to open a new thread,

BUT: I cannot get notifications working on the OMV6 instance. I have put exactly the same info as in OMV5 but even the testmail is not sending...

The Scheduled Jobs are working fine but I just would love to get an email what has been done and if it was successful or not :)

Sorry for refreshing that "very old" thread again but I am struggeling with one thing:

I would like to unlock more than 1 disk on startup with an USB stick. In my case I have 5 disks. It does indeed unlock the drives successfully but then the usb drive interfers with the names and mountpoints.

My drives are sda - sde and after having them decrypted they should map on sda-crypt - sde-crypt accordingly.

On boot the fstab is not working the devicelist "in a row" so it is likely that the usb stick occupies /dev/sdc and then it messes up with the additional mountpoints etc. so that for example mergerfs does not load properly either.

Is there a nice and decent way to get this solved? A delay maybe? Or can I make the usb stick recognised by the system as always sdf for example?