Posts by bunducafe

davidh2k Thank you for the hint. Indeed docker has started before the device is encrypted. Is it the way to go to insert a delay in the docker.service entry?

Is there any way to get the old containers work again?

Sorry for bringing this topic back again, but I have some issues as well.

On a fresh OMV5 install on a HC2 I changed the base path of docker to an encrypted HDD instead of /var/lib/docker. Now Portainer just stopped working and OMV says it is not installed. I had five containers running so it is no big big issue but I'd like to have a reliable server.

Is there anything I overlooked? Is it better practice to leave docker and portainer in it's old path on the SD card? Or is there a simple way to get the containers running with copy or symlink?

Thanks for the heads up.

1) Yes, I will stick to the SD-Card as boot device so the while HDD / SDD is encrypted

2) and yes, the performance as file storage is absolutely fine. If I do video editing, I will use the external HDD connected to Thunderbolt / USB anyway.

I got Nextcloud up and running as shown in the tutorial. But I ran into a database issue that is most likely a utf8 4 byte issue but I am unable to correct it. (...)

Interesting that so far nobody appears to have had the same issues. Since then I was unable to get the inno_db scheme to be updated from Antelope to Barracuda... I am not entirely sure why the changes I've made in MariaDB do not hold... I might give NextcloudPi a try.

I got Nextcloud up and running as shown in the tutorial. But I ran into a database issue that is most likely a utf8 4 byte issue but I am unable to correct it.

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT * FROM `oc_comments` WHERE (`message` COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci LIKE ?) AND (`object_type` = ?) ORDER BY `creation_timestamp` DESC, `id` DESC LIMIT 100' with params ["%%", "files"]: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1253 COLLATION 'utf8mb4_general_ci' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'utf8'

I tried to login into the mysql database with this commands

$ sudo mysql -u root -p

MariaDB [(none)]> use nextcloud;

MariaDB [nextcloud]> set global innodb_large_prefix=on;

MariaDB [nextcloud]> set global innodb_file_format=Barracuda;

$ sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:repair

But once I am on the first innodb_large_prefix=on" command it says

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'set_global innodb_large_prefix=on' at line 1

Due to that I am unable to list / edit the users in the nextcloud backend and of course more.

Any hints would be very much appreciated ;)

I was having a read through this whole thread because I am considering encrypt two HC2s. Two things are still very unclear to me:

1) What is best practice if I do want to boot from the HDD in a separate partition?

2) What's the performance with an Odroid HC2? Does it get significantly hotter because of CPU usage? Is the speed bearable for usage as a media folder that should also host a large photo collection with Lightroom?

Hi folks,

thanks for the tutorial setting up NextCloud with Letsencrypt in Docker... I had to hassle around a bit, but finally get it working. I followed the route with DuckDNS but now I cannot get the subdomain.duckdns.org be accessed with 'https'. However I can access it with sub.subdomain.duckdns.org. On docker-compose.yml I had one entry that said

Code
    SUBDOMAINS=wildcard

which I was getting from one of the links referred bei macom which was the nginx, letsencrypt, reverse proxy tutorial. Anyhow: I'd like to get rid of the "sub.subdomain" thing and only access it with "subdomain.duckdns.org". I suppose I have to change nextcloud's config.php and the letsencrypt "nextcloud.subdomain.conf" but did not find the right parameters.

Beyond that: Is there any guide to set up a self-hosted nextcloud installation with a subdomain that I already have? I am with provider where I also can provide https via letsencrypt to that domain directly but it's not clear to me how I make my server connecting to that subdomain.