Posts by shecky66

Hi guys!

I have been receiving the following email for a couple of days:

I actually had a problem with missing disks in the file system, which I had corrected by modifying the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file and then launching the command

omv-salt deploy run fstab.

The missing disks have disappeared from the STORAGE --> FILESYSTEM section, but I keep receiving this e-mail every time the system is restarted.

Is it possible to somehow correct this problem without having to disable the relative option in the notification preferences?

Thanks!
    Davide.

blkid

Code
    /dev/sdd1: LABEL="SUPPORT" UUID="117a7274-86a2-4478-8d8c-8717549c0d3d" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="deb0a13a-90f3-49b6-9062-372afc321acc"
    /dev/sdb: UUID="4ee32c19-e1e3-fcd0-6082-5221f548dbe8" UUID_SUB="57456778-ba5f-f3f5-dd99-795701b46f30" LABEL="openmediavault.local:RAID" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdc1: UUID="80F801BEF801B406" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="00086217-01"
    /dev/sda1: UUID="429b606c-2baf-42c3-9d2c-433c80f71c97" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="19cfcc19-01"
    /dev/sda5: UUID="e9a2f680-45ff-4677-afd2-f22880958b71" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="19cfcc19-05"

mdadm --detail /dev/md0

2 HD are disappear...

Sorry, you are right ananas:P

Result of cat /proc/mdstat is:

Code
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [ra                                                                                                                                                             id10]
    md0 : inactive sdb[3](S)
    1953382488 blocks super 1.2

unused devices: <none>

Hi guys!

After reboot my RAID is disappear! ||
    This is lsblk -f result:

Can anyone help me restore it?

Thanks in advance.

Davide.

Hi Parador !

I advise you to use the official Plex image (https://hub.docker.com/r/plexinc/pms-docker/) making sure to set the correct TAG.

For example, I have a Plex Pass and so use the plexpass tag.

This is my yaml file:

I bring you the section relating to TAGS from the official docker documentation:

TAGS

In addition to the standard version and latest tags, two other tags exist: plexpass and public. These two images behave differently than your typical containers. These two images do not have any Plex Media Server binary installed. Instead, when these containers are run, they will perform an update check and fetch the latest version, install it, and then continue execution. They also run the update check whenever the container is restarted. To update the version in the container, simply stop the container and start container again when you have a network connection. The startup script will automatically fetch the appropriate version and install it before starting the Plex Media Server.

The public restricts this check to public versions only where as plexpass will fetch Plex Pass versions. If the server is not logged in or you do not have Plex Pass on your account, the plexpass tagged images will be restricted to publicly available versions only.

Also I recommend you to create a user to use specifically for the PLEX docker and use in docker configuration the UID and GID of that user.

Hi Zoki and thanks for your reply.

It seems that the problem only affects the web version of Plex.

All this does not happen by starting LiveTV from the mobile app or the Windows 10 app.

I believe that all of this is caused by the restrictions present in new browsers :rolleyes:

I have a docker based PLEX installation (image: plexinc / pms-docker: plexpass).

After the last update the connected DVR, despite being correctly configured, does not work.

In fact, when I try to view any of the configured channels (Italian TV) the system always replies with:

Playback error

The resource is not available.

Through the console I get the attached log consolleLOG.txt

The DVR works quietly when launched with its program in Windows 10.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

You change to the stack does nothing, as :latest is assumed automatically, if you do not specify a tag. To check if a new image is available, use the pull image option in portainer.

I know. I also wrote it in the initial post.

If you last your config, you messed with the volumes or did not provide any volumes so the config gets lost every time you restart the container.
    Check the docs of your docker image.

Those inserted are only the first part of the yaml files that I use.

Obviously, if you don't insert the volumes, nothing can work 8o

Maybe if I paste it here you will actually read it?

I had already read it gderf .

The fact is that, having a Plex Pass, I had chosen to install with :latest tag for convenience.

In the first installation I omitted the tag because I know that if no tag is specified by default the container uses the :latest tag.

Do you advise me to change tag?

Should I use the tag :plexpass?

You should read the documentation for the image you linked to. If the proper Tag is usedI use the Official Plex Media Server Docker Repo all that is necessary to check for and install the most current version of Plex is to restart the container.

That's exactly what I did gderf !

I use the Official Plex Media Server Docker Repo.

I went to check the tags and saw that the latest tag had been added.

So I edited my yaml file from:

Code
    version: "2.1"
    services:
      plex:
        image: plexinc/pms-docker
        container_name: plex
        network_mode: host

to

Code
    version: "2.1"
    services:
      plex:
        image: plexinc/pms-docker:latest
        container_name: plex
        network_mode: host

and I restarted the stack.

Nothing has been updated, I just lost the previous configuration! ;(

Hi!

This evening opening Plex I found the following message.

I went to check on https://hub.docker.com/r/plexinc/pms-docker/ and noticed there was an update from 16 hours ago.

I modified my yaml file by inserting the tag :latest (I know, it wasn't necessary ...) and I restarted the stack.

Now, apart from the fact that I have lost all configuration, the version has not updated.

I also read the post How to update Plex Media Server with Portainer but I believe I have done the correct steps.

How should I upgrade it?

Thanks!