Beiträge von antsh

Hi All,

I am trying to allow remote monitoring of a locally connected UPS, but am having issues with remote clients connecting to the service. I have attached screenshots of the setup in OMV, and a screenshot of what looks like the log saying that it isn't listening on IPv4, but is on IPv6? Is this a bug? Anything I can do to present more data?

This is what it returns:

Please use the bell in the upper right to copy&paste the error message. Your screenshot doesn't show all of the error. But from what I can see, it is failing to download the image from linuxcontainers.org. Make sure your dns is working on your OMV system and make sure your network isn't blocking linuxcontainers.org.

The full error is below. The omv machine does have working DNS and can reach linuxcontainers.org. Thanks for the help!

Yup, that works!

I might be not understanding something very simple, but I need a bit of help navigating this "issue".

I have a 6 port ethernet card in my OMV server. Ports 1 and 2 are configured as a bond, all of that is working fine. The rest of the ports on this card are NOT configured at all in OMV.

I took a cable and plugged it into port 6 on the above network card, and plugged the other end into my switch (different VLAN if that matters), and the unconfigured interface on port 6 pulled an IP via DHCP (on the correct VLAN). I would expect since the interface is not configured for anything in OMV, it wouldn't actually pull a DHCP lease when the link went up. I actually don't want it to pull a lease in this case (going to pass it through to some VMs).

I also tried defining the interface in the OMV UI, and setting the IPv4 and IPv6 settings to disabled, but that completely brought the interface down instead of leaving it up but disabling IPv4 and IPv6.

Is this expected behavior? Is there a way to prevent this?

Just experienced this when upgrading to the 5.6 kernel. For anyone that comes across this the answer is to install the

linux-headers-amd64 package. This will automatically install the new headers needed when a new kernel is installed. This way you don't have to manually install the linux headers for your specific kernel every time.

Got it thanks. This will default these for all shares for my testing. Am I right in assuming that these settings are not currently adjustable at a per share level?

Hi All,

Is there an env variable available to change the file create masks and force create modes for samba shares? Right now they are are set as 0664 which works for most things. Also, this will change the create mask and create modes for every share created. Is there a way to change this at a per share level?

My use case is I am using a share as a mapped drive in windows for a steam library. This mask causes the files that steam creates at installation to be created as non-executable, which of course breaks the launching of games.

I am looking for a way to create a share that allows files to be created as executable. I am thinking modifying the create mask and mode is the way to solve this, unless there is a better way?

Thanks!

and in general, is there a way to lookup all the valid env variables that can be set across OMV?