Posts by antsh

Looks like one of the repos is having issues?

Code
    E: The repository 'https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis-testing stretch Release' is no longer signed.
    N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Just a heads up, the timestamps are wrong in the ftp transfer logs. They are correct everywhere else in the system including all other logs. Looks like it isn't respecting timezone settings.

Thank you for the feedback. Anyone willing to help me out? my /etc/network/interfaces file currently has this:

Can someone tell me what I need to put into the /etc/network/interfaces.d/bond0 file in order to add the line

bond-xmit_hash_policy layer3+4?

And maybe a feature request to add a dropdown for this setting alongside the other LACP properties that are shown :).

Thank you.

So, just to check, I would add a file: /etc/network/interfaces.d/bond0

and in that file add the single line:

Code
    bond-xmit_hash_policy layer3+4

and it will be appended to the /etc/interfaces/bond0 setup?

I would like to change the transmit hash policy for my lacp bond interface from layer 2 to layer 3+4. Is there a way to do this in the UI (maybe via the extra options in the interface section)? If not, is there a way to add the persistent change to the /etc/network/interfaces file so that OMV doesn't overwrite it?

Thanks, ryecoaaron. In no way did I want it to come off frustrated, I really appreciate all the work you do, and I am sure everyone on here does as well.

I am sure this will be a question that gets asked a lot as soon as 4.0 is announced as I assume most people using OMV use some combination of sab( or nzbget)/sonarr/radarr/couchpotato, etc. Just trying to figure out the best path for a fresh install that I will be doing this weekend.

One quick question, now that I am thinking about it though. What is the upgrade path going to look like for people using the OMV plugins in 3.x when they upgrade to 4.x? Will those plugins stop working, or just stop being maintained?

Let's say I install 3.x today, and use the plugins. When 4.x comes around (officially in some sense), do I need to backup all of my data, uninstall the plugins, and set everything up in docker?

Thanks for all the help!

Hi Everyone,

I need a favor. Can someone using the default sonarr plugin post the location of the AppData directory on the root drive? It can be found by going to system:about menu in the plugin.

Long story short, I hosed my install and have the drive mounted as read only at the moment. I'd like to back up my sonarr settings, and the wiki says just to backup that directory. I have no idea where it is by default on an OMV install, however.

Thank you in advance!

I have a very beginner level question. Is there a way to edit the docker run command that the plugin uses, or maybe that is not even needed for my situation.

I am using the below docker to perform background Handbrake jobs:

https://hub.docker.com/r/coppit/handbrake/

What I would like to do is add a specific command as described in the document to lower the priority of the handbrake encode. In the description it says:

Adding the flag --cap-add=SYS_NICE allows the container to run HandBrake at a lower priority.

My question is, where can I add this flag? Does it go in the extra arguments section, or somewhere else, and in what format?

Thank you in advance for your help and all the great work on this project.

Hi Everyone,

I am running 3.0.59 and am connecting to my shares via SMB on a Mac (10.12). The initial connection to the server is very slow. I click on the server, and then it connects (without anything listed) for a good 20-30 seconds. During this time, I see this listed in the console on the Mac over and over:

kernel SandboxViolation: airportd(68) deny(1) file-read-metadata /Users

Any ideas anyone?

I have OMV 3.0.59 installed on an SSD (fresh install). I noticed looking at fstab that trim isn't enabled. I thought that omv enabled trim automatically on SSDs. Any reason why it might not have, and how can I turn it on?

Thank you in advance.