Beiträge von antsh

Thanks, I will do some research about how to do this since I am still pretty new to linux and systemd.

Any way you can see if the behavior I describe is reproducible? Basically bring up the system with one of the defined interfaces not having a link?

I am having an issue with my setup where the mention service will wait and eventually hang on bootup. I think it is because I have a 10G nic with 2 hosts that are direct attached (static IPs, no gateway, no DNS), but not always powered on. What I believe is happening is the service is waiting for the links to come up, but they don't since the endpoints are down. This causes the service to eventually fail.

An interesting observation is that the primary interface (a 1g connection that has a static IP in 192.168.150/24) comes up right away, is pingable, I can ssh into it, and I can bring up the web interface here. Other services remain down, however, while wait online is waiting including all the docker networking, smb, and ftp. As soon as the service fails, everything else comes up and the server is fine with the exception of me getting emails saying rrcached and collectd taking too long to start and restarting.

Removing the direct attached 10G interfaces from OMV (but leaving the nic in and everything) solves this issue and the system comes up fine and the service doesn't hang and fail. Also, this never happened in OMV4, but I guess the new systemd networking in OMV5 is causing this.

After reading about a bit, I found an option I can add to the systemd-networkd-wait-online.service unit telling it to ignore certain interfaces, or to just pass when any interface is up. My question is what is the best way of doing this in OMV 5? Should I edit the unit file in /etc/systemd/system/network-online.target.wants/systemd-networkd-wait-online.service directly, or is there an environment variable I should add to /etc/default/openmediavault and re-deploy the salt env?

If anyone that can verify they are seeing the same thing with interfaces that are waiting for a link, but don't have one on boot it would be great.

Thanks for the script, worked perfectly on my OMV 4 install with scanning the QR code on an iPhone. I have a very dumb question. How do I add a second client, my MacBook that can't scan a code? Is there a function to export the config so I can import it into the app on the Mac?

**Nevermind, figured it out!**

Very newb question. I have omv installed running the omv-docker plugin right now. All my containers were setup there before I really knew what I was doing. I have since moved to using portainer. I'd like to get rid of omv-docker gui as part of prepping for omv5. I am assuming removing it will also remove docker (cli) hosing all of my containers with it? Is there an elegant way to move away form omv-docker whilst maintain all of my container configs short of starting from scratch....or trying to compile a yaml file for my 23 containers?

Thanks!

Or maybe just my ineptitude.

When using the docker plugin, clicking modify on a running container brings up the prompt and all the current settings are filled in as you would expect.

If you click on modify on a NON-running container, all the current settings are filled in except for the network settings (ports and such).

Am I missing something, or is this a bug? This has caught me off a few times since I go in to modify something like a volume, and don't notice that the networking portion is empty. It is also a little frustrating since I don't always remember which ports I had forwarded from some of my stopped containers (they're probably stopped because I haven't used them in a while.

Looks like one of the repos is having issues?

Code
    E: The repository 'https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis-testing stretch Release' is no longer signed.

N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.

N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Just a heads up, the timestamps are wrong in the ftp transfer logs. They are correct everywhere else in the system including all other logs. Looks like it isn't respecting timezone settings.

Thank you for the feedback. Anyone willing to help me out? my /etc/network/interfaces file currently has this:

Can someone tell me what I need to put into the /etc/network/interfaces.d/bond0 file in order to add the line

bond-xmit_hash_policy layer3+4?

And maybe a feature request to add a dropdown for this setting alongside the other LACP properties that are shown :).

I would like to change the transmit hash policy for my lacp bond interface from layer 2 to layer 3+4. Is there a way to do this in the UI (maybe via the extra options in the interface section)? If not, is there a way to add the persistent change to the /etc/network/interfaces file so that OMV doesn't overwrite it?

Thanks, ryecoaaron. In no way did I want it to come off frustrated, I really appreciate all the work you do, and I am sure everyone on here does as well.

I am sure this will be a question that gets asked a lot as soon as 4.0 is announced as I assume most people using OMV use some combination of sab( or nzbget)/sonarr/radarr/couchpotato, etc. Just trying to figure out the best path for a fresh install that I will be doing this weekend.

One quick question, now that I am thinking about it though. What is the upgrade path going to look like for people using the OMV plugins in 3.x when they upgrade to 4.x? Will those plugins stop working, or just stop being maintained?

Let's say I install 3.x today, and use the plugins. When 4.x comes around (officially in some sense), do I need to backup all of my data, uninstall the plugins, and set everything up in docker?

Thanks for all the help!