Posts by oaked_pine

well, 24 hours of misery later, and a missing comma was my problem. my daemon.json had an entry for both data-root and the nvidia runtimes, but i didnt separate the entries by a comma.

Code
    {
    "data-root": "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-2zrth/containers",
    "runtimes": {
    "nvidia": {
    "path": "/usr/bin/nvidia-container-runtime",
    "runtimeArgs": []
    }
    }
    }

great googly moogly, had a major unrelated issue that i just solved. all of my volumes were mounted in omv with noexec option, which is what was breaking all transcoding in plex, i mistakenly thought that it was GPU related. Now that my CPU can trasncode, i'm back to same problem. i'm going to retry all driver installs now that my volume exec flags are correct.

if anyone's frustinging linux ignorance is as great as mine in the future, the fix to zero plex playback is:

1. Find the fstab entries you don't want with noexec in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml look at the mnent entries. Remove the noexec directive and run

Code
    omv-salt deploy run fstab

@tama777, i've been following this and other resources to try to get everything correct (nvidia GT 740 working on a plex container via portainer on OMV 5), and i may be not understanding something. i can get to the same point as mikedurp above. nvidia-smi works on both the host and within the test docker using the nvidia driver 440.82, the latest supported by nvml_fix. However, when i attempt to apply the nvml_fix, verbatim per your code above, it breaks my docker nvidia-smi.

One preface question - even without the nvml fix, I still wasn't able to select the nvidia runtime in the plex container in portainer. Is portainer a problem, should i not be using it in the first place?

hoping you can help me out here.

here's my config.toml