Beiträge von kyronh

Hi All

I have a strange one sometime ago I bought two SSD's and put them into PNY drive cases. I had an unexpected powerloss whilst not around. On reboot of openmediavault one of my drives had disappeared. I did SSH and did lsblk and a couple of others but it would not detect it. I restarted openmedia vault using the gui. Logged back in and drive was still missing. So I used ssh again and sent reboot command. This seemed to work and display the drive however it had moved from SDA to SDC. SDB turned into SDA.

Is this a common problem ?

Information

Raspberry pi4b 8GB

Hi everyone

I have come across a problem with a drive I put into an external enclosure. It was there but not there. I did a bit of looking around and found that if I changed usb_modeswitch.conf the drive could be picked up and accessed using a different pi. This is what I changed It was a 0 before

DisableSwitching=1

My question is if I change this file on an OMV system is there any67 part of it likely to throw an hissy fit at me.

Hi everyone

New poster here

This is what I have an RPI4 thats been updated to boot off a USB ssd drive. It seems to work ok at the moemnt but I have to admit I am a bit lost as to what I should do next. I have 2 480gb SSD that are in a drive enclosure support usb3.

I would really like to know what to do My plan is to have the 1st SSD which is 120gb drive as the system and the two new 480gb ssd drives 2+3 as the storage for the network, peoples files and anything else I might want.

Would the first thing be to use the flash memory plugin before I install the other 2 drives.