I was having the runaway heartbeat some time ago with a version-one M4 and finally figured I had scheduled a remote Rsync to my backup server which coincided with Plex running it’s scheduled maintenance. I moved the schedule a couple hours later and the problem went away.
I missed this reply. Thanks. This was on a fresh install, all I'd done was, install Docker and Portainer (source on dedicated spinning disk HDD) and created a shared folder on a second spinning HDD and setup SMB share for same folder.
I've had armbian running for over 1 week with no problems. I even filled the SDCard 100% to see if it causes an problems. All runnign smoothly regarding system loads. Stage two is install OMV using install script for ARM devices, leave as is, i.e. totally fresh, excpet change admin password and wait for the system loads to go crazy, then investigate further as not an armbian issue.
Thanks, will update again as I discover and require assistance
Here is the output from Login, Uptime and df