Beiträge von Readbook

My SMB share working perfectly fine, until I didn't upgrade my macbook to Ventura.

Afrer this update I can't copy folder with file to SMB due permission error.

If I create folder manually all process complete without issue.

I found some info:

"

MacOS Ventura is compounding SMB2_FLUSH | SMB_CLOSE which is new behavior. Samba rejects this cancelling the in-flight AIO fsync() request via io_uring, and in some error cases closing the ring_fd which kills subsequent AIO"

Can I fix this in latest OMV? 6.3.2-1 (Shaitan)

1.I try to fix this in macbook, setting client SMB version to 2, no luck.

2. Try use option strict sync = no , no luck.

Here is info about fix in another nas platform:

SMB Permission Issues on macOS Ventura
    When trying to write files to my SMB shares with macOS Ventura, I keep getting permission issues. If I use the Finder the write hangs for a minute before…
    www.truenas.com

OK do a google search for openmediavault firewall and you'll find some information on how to set it up

what's the point in your post?

I googled and configured it according to forum posts, my screenshots show that the simplest rules don't work.

Hi!

I want add some secure to my nas, but when i was testing firewall he just didn't work.

I try to reject or block some ports (for example 9000 for portainer or 22 for ssh) but I still can connect and use them.

Here is my GUI is in attachment. I try use blunk IP, !1.1.1.1 and 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 didn't help.

Here is my iptables:

I have one docker, that using 140 and 189 port

What should I do for working firewell?

Thanks

Hi!

I buy cheap 16gb optane for system disk usage.

Before main nas migration, I just try it on fresh intallation on another machine.

When I choose optane as destanation disk in OMV5.3.9 I have this error:

Failed to partition the selected disk.

This probably happened because the selected disk or free space is too small to be automarically partitioned.

In doc I find this:

• System Drive: min. 4 GiB capacity (but more than the capacity of the RAM)

I have 16gb ram on both machine.

So question is: can I use 16gb Optane(14.4 actual size) as a main drive for OMV5.3.9 ?

I understand, that my main server will migrate via gpart/clonezilla/dd and avoid this issue. But it will work stable after that?(