Beiträge von STUKguy

Morning All,

Please can someone explain to me how i do Filesystem Pass Through, i thought it was just a case of copy and paste the location but i got this error message so i was clearly wrong

Code
    Unable to - poweroninternal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2022-08-12T22:10:32.749515Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device virtio-9p-pci,id=fs0,fsdev=fsdev-fs0,mount_tag=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a20fa98c-468f-491d-b517-adebd1cd2c88/Gesto,bus=pci.7,addr=0x0: mount tag '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a20fa98c-468f-491d-b517-adebd1cd2c88/Gesto' (64 bytes) is longer than maximum (31 bytes)

OMV\Exception: Unable to - poweroninternal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2022-08-12T22:10:32.749515Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device virtio-9p-pci,id=fs0,fsdev=fsdev-fs0,mount_tag=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a20fa98c-468f-491d-b517-adebd1cd2c88/Gesto,bus=pci.7,addr=0x0: mount tag '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a20fa98c-468f-491d-b517-adebd1cd2c88/Gesto' (64 bytes) is longer than maximum (31 bytes) in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/kvm.inc:1972
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceKvm->doCommand(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('doCommand', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Kvm', 'doCommand', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

It's strange...

I did a google search related to this and found this link. Maybe it's relevant to you.

https://h30467.www3.hp.com/t5/…las-memorias/td-p/1191262

https://www.yoreparo.com/es/co…al-cambiar-de-lado-la-ram

If you have a backup power supply I would try swapping it out. Maybe he's playing tricks on you.

Hey, thank for the link tried using another PSU but the same thing happened. Went back to checking the RAM and it appears my 4th slot is faulty (thought it was the stick but swapped it and the same thing happened) everything works fine as long as I only 3 slots (been on for 2 days with no issues) if I use the forth slot that's when I start having issues. :(. Probably should start at looking to replace the computer it self.

Thank you again

I would check the BIOS settings

Aye this was annoying. So couldn't find the BIOs to flash so went into the BIOs and "loaded defaults" whilst it was doing that the machine just turned itself off. Did that twice then I thought there was something I haven't tried an that was checking the RAM sticks removed stick 4 and it's been nearly 4 hours and the machine hasn't turned it self on. Fingers crossed that problem is fixed but now I can't boot into OMV...

I would check the BIOS settings

Found nothing in the BIOS, plugged back in the OMV drive and went through that again and still found nothing. I hate to do it but i'm going to try a BIOS flash and see if that works.

thankfully!! ^^

Maybe ask in the Vatican forum? If it turns on without the OS, I don't think the OS is guilty of anything right?

Haha, it turned it just went to a screen that said "no OS detected, press F1 to try again" I had a quick chance this morning so plugged in power cable and the OS drive and again it just turned it self on (after I shut it down) but I ran out of time so when I get home I will disconnect all 3 drives and see what happens.

Hi,

I have a strange one here my Dell Optiplex 790 randomly turns it self on with out anyone pressing the power button now before I call the Holy man and have my house blessed I thought I would see if anyone here has any ideas

After the first time

I've gone into the BIOs but WOL & previous power on state were turned off.

But then a an hour later the machine turned it self back on, I thought I must have set something in OMV so disconnected the OS drive and thought I would get to it some other time but again couple of hours later the machine powered on I ended up just disconnecting the power cable, thankfully after a couple of hours the machine hasn't turned itself back on

Did you create the file (in the VM) and added your credentials.

Hey Sorry, it took me ages to come back to you. Turns out i did create the file just in the root directory and not the home one where i was telling fstab to look.

Now i get this error

Code
    mount error(22): Invalid argument
    Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg)

Which if i read the man mount.cifs correctly is to do with where to mount? am i right?

Hi All,

I am trying to mount my OMV SMB share on a Debian machine (VM) but don't really know what i am doing so i looked online about found this guide https://www.looklinux.com/how-…ubuntu-and-debian-system/ but i get this error

Code
    error 2 (No such file or directory) opening credential file /home/user/.smb

Then i found this guide https://www.chrisrmiller.com/mount-samba-share-in-ubuntu/ but i get this

Code
    root@Mine:/home/liton# smbclient -L //192.168.68.78
    do_connect: Connection to 192.168.68.78 failed (Error NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE)

Please can someone help me, i only need this because for some reason i cant copy/paste through VNC

Sometimes that problem is difficult to solve. Try another type of console or system to access the VM. This is the one that worked best in my case.

https://virt-manager.org/download/

Hey, Nope that didn't work so i have installed Debian on the KVM plug-in problems i'm having are

• US Keyboard layout - i selected UK Keyboard layout
    • Network icon shows question mark, but when i test network it is connected
    • Mouse pointer is off by about an inch i have to guess click many times to find the correct spot
    • Also it doesn't register the mouse clicks about 70% of the time.

I thought installing the virt-mamanger would fix this but that didn't work, then deleted the VM and re-set and installed it but still the same. Any ideas what could be wrong before i abandon and try Win 10 instead?

Sometimes that problem is difficult to solve. Try another type of console or system to access the VM. This is the one that worked best in my case.

https://virt-manager.org/download/

Thank you, I think it is something to do with Virtrio because I have no network access and the mouse pointer is off and remember when I installed Windows I installed Virtrio and that fixed the problem, but reading through the forum I can't find the command to install it on Debian?

I'm sure i'm being dense here but, have set up VM in OMV6 choose UK keyboard layout but for some reason when i type i am getting the US keyboard layout, i have checked in the OS of the VM (Debian) which said UK Keyboard but i'm still getting the US keyboard layout when i type. Sorry i got to about page 20 of this forum before my eyes went funny.

Morning All,

This morning at around 10am i found my PC was off, Pushed the power button nothing happened unplugged and plugged it back in and it started up went away and came back and then SSH'd into but it took awhile to connect (SSH is normally instant this took about 1 minute) and then randomly disconnected but the PC was still on, so plugged in a monitor and keyboard everything was sluggish e.g. typing username and password, getting to the desktop seemed to lag. I rebooted the PC and then SSH'd in again same thing disconnected after being connected for a minute. i also tried to VNC into the machine that connection only lasts a minute both times. I then remembered that i had a Wi-Fi card on this PC so i looked up the IP address on the router and then SSH'd into the machine it stayed connected not sluggish, i managed to find a sys log to try and figure out what is wrong but i need some help deciphering it, i think its the network card but that doesn't explain why the PC turned off last night (we haven't had any power outages) now i haven't copied all the lines (8000 lines) just the ones from around when the machine went off

I have tried the following

• Disconnect Ethernet, Wi-Fi only - SSH fine no sluggishness, though when connect to PC physically keyboard and mouse sluggishness is there, VNC will not connect
    • Ethernet only - SSH only works for 1 minute, then disconnects (sometimes doesn't connect at all), keyboard and mouse it is still sluggish and VNC only connects for a minute

Can someone help please?

Hi All,

So i'm trying to install Plex on Docker in Debian 11 (no OMV) but for the life of me i cant figure out what i need to put so the volume is my external USB drive

Code
    sudo docker create \
    --name=plex \
    --net=host \
    --restart=always \
    -e VERSION=latest \
    -e PUID=1001 -e PGID=1001 \
    -e TZ=Europe/London \
    -v /home/docker/plex/config:/config \
    -v /media/liton/01D881B80A7ADFA0
    linuxserver/plex

From the picture i need to mount sdb1 as the volume location

I thought it was either /dev/sdb1 or

Code
    /media/liton/01D881B80A7ADFA0

but they didn't work, what am i doing wrong?

That didn't work, swapped over to gdm3 and tried to edit /etc/gdm3/custom.config only problem is that file doesn't exist so i switched back to lightdm and checked if lightdm had a config file which it did i looked through it line by line but couldn't find anything about "wayland" other than a wayland sessions. I did however at the bottom of the file find this

Code
    [VNCServer]
    #enabled=false
    #command=Xvnc
    #port=5900
    #listen-address=
    #width=1024
    #height=768
    #depth=8

Should i unhash all reboot and see if that fixes my problem, or do you think i should ask on the Debian forum and see if anyone there has had the same issue or knows what to do?

Morning All,

I'm hoping someone on here knows something about RealVNC, so i have used this guide to install RealVNC https://techviewleo.com/config…ver-and-client-on-debian/ . When i had a monitor plugged in everything worked fine but as soon i removed the monitor

I can log in fine

forum.openmediavault.org/wsc/index.php?attachment/24906/

but after i hit enter i get this

forum.openmediavault.org/wsc/index.php?attachment/24907/

and nothing more, i uninstalled lightdm and reinstalled but still the same thing. I used the same process to install RealVNC on a laptop but that worked fine, it went straight to the desktop.

I have tried Google-ing (debian realvnc not showing desktop) but honestly i'm not sure what i'm looking for! i found some info on the RealVNC website but they dont sound or look like the problem i have (https://help.realvnc.com/hc/en…C-Server-running-on-Linux & https://help.realvnc.com/hc/en…reen-or-not-start-at-all-)

I think its a resolution issue but I'm not sure, please can someone hopefully help me?