Posts by HackitZ

ok i have not had to do much to my omv system as it was running great, just kept it up to date through the web gui.

well i came home today and we had no power was out for a few hours, well when the power came back on i started my omv system and now am stuck with this message;
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate usb device on port 4.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

things i have tried are, power cycling the usb drives (i have 3).
    change ports (i have 6 usb ports on my mobo), now before i change ports the error above was the same but said the issue was on port 3.
    searched google and most issue's were related to an updated kernel and or not supporting echi? or a hardware issue.

Thanks for reading.

Quick question about adding folders.

The default folder is /var/music, which is on sda.

I have been trying to add the music folder on sdg1, so i added /dev/sdg1/music.
    I also tried /sdg1/music

I thought maybe is was a permission issue. I looked on the acl for sdg1 but subsonic is not in the list.
    Can someone please explain how you add a music folder from a different drive?

Thanks

Quote from "jhmiller"

Yes it was aimed at you. Did you delete the old omv.sh file before downloading a new 1? as it will get renamed to omv.sh.1 and you will end up rnning the old version.

Brother you rock, it's working.

here's what i did.

service subsonic stop

removed subsonic with = apt-get purge subsonic, had errors. (directory is full)

so i ran = rm -r the /var/subsonic directory.

then ran = apt-get purge openjdk-6-jre, went through the setup.

Then i ran = rm /omv.sh

Rebooted, re-ran script.

Now it works. :D

if this was directed to me? i tried but still have the error in my subsonic log about java.util.zip.zipexception: error in opening file.

You know i installed the 64bit version of omv, what is everyone else running?

Quote from "jhmiller"

Give me a day or 2 and i will try and figure out why you can't run it and others can. I did read on subsonic forum about this so dont think its omv related.

Would you like me to add an option to install 4.6 as that was last offical release where as 4.7 is beta.

Thanks Jhmiller for the reply.

I started a thread over at subsonic and with some help I feel I have it narrowed down to either a corrupt download (doubt it as others dont have an issue), or a java issue.

I think mine is a java issue as the subsonic log shows an error extracting subsonic.war from /usr/share/subsonic/ ( i know it's there) to /var/subsonic/jetty/3060.

So i then tried to run jar tvf /usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war to manually extract the war file, this gave me a bash java error. So the shell script can't extract the war file and i can't extract the war file manually.

So other than a java issue i guess it could be a permissions issue, but as i'm logged in as root i can't see that being the issue either.

Maybe if some iother iser can see if the jar command works for them this way i can narrow it right down to a java issue. and rather than trying to extract a war file you could run jar tvf <somefile>.war. This will only show the contents.

I was looking at the subsonic directory and already thought about changing the download to 4.6, but figured it was not worth the time as I feel pretty strong that for me it's a java issue.

Oh yeah i ran java -version and it shows i have java version "1.6.0_18"

I will see if i can troubleshoot some more after i put my boy's to bed.

hi everyone i just noticed this error in the mail app.

CRON-APT RUN [/etc/cron-apt/config]: Sun Aug 26 04:00:01 EDT 2012 CRON-APT SLEEP: 577, Sun Aug 26 04:09:38 EDT 2012 CRON-APT ACTION: 0-update CRON-APT LINE: /usr/bin/apt-get update -o quiet=2
    W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.de.debian.org/dists…ze/main/source/Sources.gz 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.de.debian.org/dists…contrib/source/Sources.gz 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.de.debian.org/dists…on-free/source/Sources.gz 404 Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I edited

Code
    /etc/apt/sources.list

then changed

Code
    deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/ squeeze main contrib non-free

to

Code
    deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free

no more errors.

If this could cause problems please let me know so i can update the post.

Ok i have bean reading all night and still have not made any headway. so i removed subsonic again and went through the install.

I just noticed that if i follow the default settings and just run through the setup the script ask's me to confirm that i want to install subsonic on root.
    Should i be changing the install directory?
    I have searched for the location to install subsonic but can't seem to find where to install it, so i just go through the setup and don't change any settings.

Maybe someone can confirm this.

thanks

Update, the page is now a 503 error page.

Ok after some digging it seems i have no db folder in /var/subsonic/

is this where the db folder is?

Ok here's my log file from subsonic_sh.log

root@MEDIA-SERVER:/# cat /var/subsonic/subsonic_sh.log
      23 [main] INFO org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@5a8a0d5d: display name [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@5a8a0d5d]; startup date [Fri Aug 24 22:13:42 EDT 2012]; root of context hierarchy
      [GC 3072K->368K(8896K), 0.0012620 secs]
      76 [main] INFO org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader - Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [applicationContext-deployer.xml]
      [GC 3437K->480K(8896K), 0.0016250 secs]
      [GC 3552K->544K(8896K), 0.0011100 secs]
      416 [main] INFO org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - Bean factory for application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@5a8a0d5d]: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@58d9660d
      [GC 3616K->602K(11968K), 0.0014270 secs]
      430 [main] INFO org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@58d9660d: defining beans [service,org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter#0]; root of factory hierarchy
      451 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Logging to org.slf4j.impl.SimpleLogger(org.mortbay.log) via org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
      Using WAR file: /usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war
      Extracting webapp to /var/subsonic/jetty/3060
      Using WAR file: /usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war
      484 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - jetty-6.1.x
      579 [main] WARN org.mortbay.log - Failed startup of context org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@4f4db0e3{/,jar:file:/usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war!/}
      java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
      at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
      at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:131)
      at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:150)
      at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:114)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.TagLibConfiguration.configureWebApp(TagLibConfiguration.java:171)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1215)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:500)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:448)
      at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:117)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:217)
      at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
      at net.sourceforge.subsonic.booter.deployer.SubsonicDeployer.deployWebApp(SubsonicDeployer.java:131)
      at net.sourceforge.subsonic.booter.deployer.SubsonicDeployer.<init>(SubsonicDeployer.java:65)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:532)
      at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:100)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:61)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:877)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:839)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:440)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:728)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:380)
      at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
      at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:83)
      at net.sourceforge.subsonic.booter.Main.<init>(Main.java:24)
      at net.sourceforge.subsonic.booter.Main.main(Main.java:63)
      596 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:4040
      Subsonic running on: http://localhost:4040/
      644 [main] INFO org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter - Looking for RMI registry at port '9412'
      [GC 6746K->1106K(11968K), 0.0032020 secs]
      684 [main] INFO org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter - Could not detect RMI registry - creating new one
      714 [main] INFO org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter - Binding service 'SubsonicDeployerService' to RMI registry: RegistryImpl[UnicastServerRef [liveRef: [endpoint:[127.0.1.1:9412](local),objID:[0:0:0, 0]]]]
      [GC 2253K->1257K(18560K), 0.0018200 secs]
      [Full GC 1257K->1169K(18560K), 0.0311840 secs]
      root@MEDIA-SERVER:/#

Quote from "jhmiller"

The python apps dont need an uninstall as you can just delete their folders(.couchpotato in root as well)

Subsonic can be uninstalled by doing

apt-get purge subsonic (not sure about the case)

I tried running apt-get purge subsonic, then re-ran the script and only selected yes for subsonic.

I still get the same error.
    HTTP ERROR: 404

NOT_FOUND

RequestURI=/index.view