Beiträge von RoiBurgonde

Hello,

I'm using OMV 6 with some différent containers in docker. I used to download the images updates of my containers with Watchtower, but for a few months it doesn't work anymore and I've got these kind of messages :

I don't know how to resolve that problem. Any ideas?

Thanx in advance!

AFAIK the port options are not necessary, my bad, but there is a guide here the second post references a stack/yaml file

Ok I installed with the stack in portainer. Easiest way for me, thanx. But the point is I've got the same problem. Can't access OMV GUI when DCHP server from Adguard is activated.

When I look into my ISP router configuration, my Rpi is marked as not connected... I don't know why, because Adguard is marked as connected...

Hi everyone,

Hope that somebody will be able to help me with my new problem.

I installed AdGuard Home in docker on my Rpi4 OMV.

As I can't change the DNS in my ISP router (it's forbidden by ISP in France), and as I don't want to configure DNS on each home's devices, I have to use DHCP server of AdGuard Home.

All seem to work perfectly except one thing : i can't access to OMV GUI anymore (and others Web Containers GUI like Heimdall...)

To install I created a macvlan :

Code
    sudo docker network create --driver macvlan --attachable --subnet=192.168.1.0/24 --gateway=192.168.1.254 -o parent=eth0 --ip-range=192.168.1.45/32 adguard_network

Then I created a docker-compose file:

Is somebody have a clue of what is wrong? Why can't I reach OMV GUI anymore when I use DHCP server of AdGuard Home?

Thanx guys...

sieben

In fact Syncthing suits perfectly now for my needs.

I’d really want to try Seafile once, just to see... but only if I can install it easily in a docker container.

But thanx for your answer to this thread.

Agricola

SWAG does include reverse_proxy.conf files for Syncthing. Why? I don’t see why. All of the reverse_proxy files that I have used have worked without a hitch super easily. It’s great to be able to access Airsonic or Navidrome from a remote location on someone else’s machine, but I can’t see why anyone would want to do that with Syncthing, or if it’s even possible.

I can answer : I used reverse proxy with syncthing once to share folders and files on someone’s else’s machine. Very useful...

Hi Agricola,

Ok what you say makes sense.

So I tried to reinstall the docker container without SWAG, and files sync when my two devices are on different networks.

So it is much easier than I thought at the beginning! As we say in France "Why do easy when you can do difficult?" (I don't know if it is well traduced :P)

In fact I just want a personal cloud, without using Google, Apple or others... I want to save my files in case of drive failure...

At the beginning, when I created my NAS, I discovered Nextcloud, so I tried it, and abandoned it because of some issues (and there were too much applications in it I didn't use). Next I discovered Seafile which seemed to be a good solution for what I want. But I never succeeded to install it (I didn't find any official Seafile container for Rpi4).

Finally I found Syncthing. Now that it seems to work, I hope I won't have issues with it...

Thanx for your help!

Thanx for the docs! :)

I read it twice but I understood it partially. So I want your expert analysis just to know if I did things correctly.

I'm going to detailed my work now :

After reading the docs I decided to use SWAG container in my docker compose to install Syncthing. Here is the Stack I used in Portainer:

As you can see I used Duckdns as authorization method.

I forwarded port 443 in my web router.

The stack installed without error and I had got two new containers : "swag" and "syncthing" which are working together (if my understanding of the docs is correct).

Then I renamed syncthing.subdomain.conf.sample to syncthing.subdomain.conf in appdata/swag/nginx/proxy-confs/ and modified it like this:

As you can see I put yellow font color to indicate the changes. But I don't know here if the changes are correct. The address is my NAS address where OMV is installed.

Thanks to changes, I could access to the Synchting GUI of the NAS using https://syncthing.*********.duckdns.org.

I add a username and a password to access the GUI.

After that I installed the syncthing client on my Mac. And I shared a folder between my Mac and my server (using Show ID to accept new Remote Devices in the web GUI).

I succeeded to share and sync files between my Mac and my NAS on the same network.

Then I wanted to know if I could do the same things on different networks, so i stopped my Mac wifi and I shared my internet phone to connect the Mac. The NAS was always on my router network.

I tried to make changes in the Mac shared folder (add files, delete files) and it seemed that files were added or deleted also on the folder NAS.

So to resume, I think I did it! All seems to work. But... although i understand why I can reach the server GUI, I don't understand why the files syncs between the server and the MacBook when the two are on different networks.

So now my question is : does my work seem to be good for experts? Am i well protected ? Is it a risk that somebody could access to my data?

Thanx in advance.

N.B: English is not my native language so I hope all was clear for you...

Hello everybody,

I succeeded to install Syncthing in docker on my Raspberry Pi 4 with OMV 5. It works perfectly between the server and my computer.

Now I'd like to keep on synchronizing files when I'm not at home (at work for exemple).

I think it's possible but I don't know how. I read things about LetsEncrypt, Nginx... I created a domain on duckdns, but I don't really understand how to use LetsEncrypt or Nginx with Syncthing to synchronize from everywhere...

Could someone help me?

Thanx in advance.

Hello,

I needed to reinstall OMV 5 after an update which caused an issue with my mounted hard drive via usb on my Rpi4.

Before my absolute path was /srv/disk-by-label-WD8To and now it is /srv/disk-by-label-usb-USB-WJAX...-0-0/

Is it possible to change absolute path to return to first one without format the disk?

Thanx in advance.