Beiträge von BobsURUncle

I apologize if the following falls outside your warrant...please feel free to say so.

dmesg reports (among other things):

/lib/systemd/system-generators/netplan failed with exit status 1

I assume this is responsible for the fact that I can no longer contact the NAS I set up with OMV. Yes?

With regard to network interfaces, the Debian wiki states:

"Stretch and Buster still retain support for the old naming system as long as the file /etc/udev/rules.d/70-local-persistent-net.rules is still in place, but users are advised to switch ahead of the upgrade to Bullseye."

'ls -a' reveals no such file.

I am at the point of concluding that a linux noob, such as myself, is best off starting over - no great loss other than time, as I am only at the point of setting up. ( I am clueless as to what I might have done to arrive here.) Would you agree?

Sorry, didn't mean to be impertinent...

salt-call grains.items returns:

[ Warning } Failed to opon log file, to you have permission to write to /var/log/salt/minion?

Cannot write to process directory. Do you have permissions to write to /var/cache/salt/minion/proc/20200813152826430756?

...followed by lots of stuff (of which is any relevant to this discussion?)

cat /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml returns:

network:

ethernets:

eth0:

match:

macaddress:

addresses:

- 192.168.0.201/24 (note: this is the address I was attempting to assign)

gateway4: 192.168.0.1

accept-ra: true

dhcp4: false

dhcp6: true

nameservers:

addresses:

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypi:
    ---------- ID: configure_etc_network_interfaces Function: file.managed Name: /etc/network/interfaces Result: True Comment: File /etc/network/interfaces is in the correct state Started: 07:54:24.430341 Duration: 202.633 ms Changes:
    ---------- ID: remove_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 07:54:24.646564 Duration: 18.687 ms Changes: ---------- file.find:
    ---------- ID: remove_empty_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 07:54:24.665859 Duration: 8.103 ms Changes: ---------- file.find:
    ---------- ID: remove_netplan_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: ['/etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml', '/etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml'] Started: 07:54:24.674854 Duration: 14.963 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: - /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml - /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml
    ---------- ID: configure_netplan_default Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml updated Started: 07:54:24.690425 Duration: 48.928 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644
    ---------- ID: configure_netplan_ethernet_eth0 Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml updated Started: 07:54:24.740321 Duration: 159.53 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644
    ---------- ID: apply_netplan_config Function: cmd.run Name: netplan apply Result: False Comment: Command "netplan apply" run Started: 07:54:24.905242 Duration: 754.74 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 9598 retcode: 78 stderr: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml:5:20: Error in network definition: Invalid MAC address '', must be XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX macaddress: ^ stdout:

Summary for raspberrypi
    ------------
    Succeeded: 6 (changed=6)
    Failed: 1
    ------------
    Total states run: 7
    Total run time: 1.208 s in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/serviceabstract.inc(60): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(167): OMV\Engine\Module\ServiceAbstract->deploy()
    #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusym...', '/tmp/bgoutputt4...')
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(189): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #8 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #12 {main}

IPv4 address was not updated. How is this to be resolved?