Posts by tugdualenligne

other journal info:
    -- Unit docker.socket has begun shutting down.
    May 04 23:45:13 charybde systemd[1]: Starting Docker Socket for the API.
    -- Subject: Unit docker.socket has begun start-up
    -- Defined-By: systemd
    -- Support: https://www.debian.org/support
    --
    -- Unit docker.socket has begun starting up.
    May 04 23:45:13 charybde systemd[1]: Listening on Docker Socket for the API.
    -- Subject: Unit docker.socket has finished start-up
    --
    -- Unit docker.socket has finished starting up.
    --
    -- The start-up result is done.
    May 04 23:45:13 charybde systemd[1]: docker.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    May 04 23:45:13 charybde systemd[1]: Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine.
    -- Subject: Unit docker.service has failed
    --
    -- Unit docker.service has failed.
    --
    -- The result is failed.
    May 04 23:45:13 charybde systemd[1]: docker.socket: Unit entered failed state.
    May 04 23:45:13 charybde systemd[1]: docker.service: Unit entered failed state.
    May 04 23:45:13 charybde systemd[1]: docker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    May 04 23:45:21 charybde CRON[42778]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root

Anyone knows how to solve this error, please: "Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'docker' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status docker.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Details = Erreur #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'docker' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status docker.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(104): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/docker.inc(35): OMV\System\SystemCtl->enable(true)#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleDocker->startService()#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(536): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusuq...', '/tmp/bgoutputtz...')#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#14 {main}

Result of systemctl status docker.service
    docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/docker.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d
    └─openmediavault.conf
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2018-05-04 23:45:13 CEST; 35s ago
    Docs: https://docs.docker.com
    Process: 43440 ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd -H fd:// $DOCKER_OPTS $OMVDOCKER_API $OMVDOCKER_IMAGE_PATH (code=exited, sta
    Main PID: 43440 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    CPU: 151ms

Everything is in the title of this message.
    I get this error message:
    Error #6000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'File contains invalid JSON (filename=/var/lib/openmediavault/fstab_tasks.json): ' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/util.inc:277Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/module.inc(141): OMVJsonFile->read()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(52): OMVModuleAbstract->execTasks('delete')#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(164): OMVModuleFsTab->stopService()#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(900): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)#10 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)

Hello there,
    My Fail2ban plugin does not seem to work anymore (no more banned / unbanned messages in the logs...).
    I have tried to deactivate it, reactivate, with no results.
    Any idea to resolve this?

Thanks

Thanks SubZero. This is the new command that I'm trying to make work (it does work when I replace the module name "images-famille-2015-rsync" with the remote path, but I'm surprised the server module I configured does not work).

In your example, you're using the root account, while I'm trying to do the rsync over ssh with a normal account (my root account is disabled for remote access over ssh for security reasons). And I guess, unfortunately, the problem comes from there. With root I'm almost certain the remote server module would have been used while, with a normal user, for some reason, the remote rsync server doesn't use the module but instead uses the module's name as a directory and syncs the data in /home/Tugdual/images-famille-2015-rsync, which shouldn't happen...

Yesterday, after my post, I found this page http://olddoc.freenas.org/index.php/Rsync_Tasks that let me think it is NOT possible to uses rsync modules over ssh... (see 4th line of table 4.4a, line "Rsync mode").

Let me know if you have other ideas.
    Thanks

Sorry, here it is (one long command line, but very effective for the past years ;) :
    /usr/local/Cellar/rsync/3.1.1/bin/rsync
    --rsh=ssh --protocol=30 --recursive --delete --delete-excluded --compress
    --skip-compress=CR2/MOV/JPG/tif/tiff --info=progress2 --partial
    --ignore-existing --max-size=14M --exclude='.DS_Store' --exclude='.fseventsd'
    --exclude='.Spotlight-V100' --exclude='.TemporaryItems' --exclude='.Trashes' --filter='exclude *.MOV' --files-from=/Users/Tugdual/Pictures/Famille/rsync-list-of-dirs-to-transfer
    /Users/Tugdual/Pictures/Famille/ tugdual@REMOTE_IP_ADDRESS:images-famille-2015-rsync

Hi everyone,

I've been using rsync on OMV for 3 years now from a MacBook to OMV through the Internet with great success
    Instead of backuping data with rsync (port 873), I decided to secure the thing and execute rsync over ssh (port 22).
    It works great but... on my remote OMV machine, the rsync server modules do not appear to be used. Data sent to the server is stored into the user's home, instead of being stored where the server's module points to (a shared OMV directory). Please note that it was working as intented with my previous configuration (port 873).
    I can't find the solution having gone through a good number of web pages (Internet and OMV forums pages)...
    Can anyone help me out on this please?
    Many thx in advance

Hi Tekkb, I rechecked everything and AFP is now working (I think I didn't really make changes following your response except removing UDP and rebooting ;-)
    On the firewall front, I have changed nf_conntrack_ftp to ip_conntrack_ftp (options ip_conntrack_ftp ports=21,40000-40100) in file /etc/modprobe.conf, rebooted OMV and it works!
    The last thing I don't explain is that on my Mac I can't open "OMV_server_name - SMB/CIFS" icon while I can open the "OMV icon" (which is in reality SMB). Strange but not really important as it eventually works
    Many thanks,