Beiträge von 0rtega

Is your drive mounted?

What is the output of cat /etc/fstab and df -h commands?

What is the content between

Code
    <mntent>
    [...]
    </mntent>

tags in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Here what I got:

I have upgraded 3 machines with OMV 6.0.34

An old HP N54L no problem

A raspberry pi 3b+ no problem

A pc build that after many attempts to upgrade give me this error.

I'm doing something wrong ?

I have no strange plugins: just flashms and mergerfs

Code
    Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='22072fbc-b099-438f-bf81-72c52cd1d4be']'.

OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='22072fbc-b099-438f-bf81-72c52cd1d4be']'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(251): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.fil...', '22072fbc-b099-4...')
    #1 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->get(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('get', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'get', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

I don't think so. I think the worst case is that you might have a file on two drives. I don't think it will leave a partial copy if stopped in the middle of a copy.

I was thinking just that.

Even in the worst case scenario, if the same file is present in two drives for me is not a problem.

I was asking this question (about using "Stop" while rebalancing the MergerFS array) because I've noted a sort of "loop" using the "Balance pool" function.

It keeps rebalancing for hours and hours moving the same data from a drive to another. Last week I've waited for 2 days... till I have used the "Stop" button.

Maybe it will be useful to someone in my situation.

To upgrade to OMV 5 I had to add this command at the beginning:

sed -i "s/stretch/buster/g" /etc/apt/apt.conf

Hi guys.

I have solved by a combination of the two advices.

To solve the grub error I have reinstalled grub with the "Parted Magic" distro.

Firstly identify your boot drive with the "Parted Magic Mount" utlity.
    In my case was :"/dev/sdf1"

then, from the main menu select:
    -Boot Utilities
    -Boot Loader Restore Utility

Install the new grub on (in my case...) "/dev/sdf1".

After that my OMV box booted fine... but the web interface was not accessible...

To solve this issue:

Code
    wget omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    omv-update

after that, reboot the machine.

Now the web interface is accessible.

There are still some minor quirks (that i will investigate later on), but after all the machine works-ish :)

Thank you guys!

Let me know if I could do it in a better way... specifically, someone with a real knowledge about the "grub" command
    has an alternative method (without using "Parted Magic") to solve the issue ???

Any help to debug my issue ?
    I have executed these commands:

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    omv-update
    omv-release-upgrade

After the reboot i get the grub rescue console.

There is a way to log what happen during the command "omv-release-upgrade" ?

Every time I have to restore the clonezilla image of my system drive because it will not boot... :(

Any advise is welcome... Tnx!

Hi guys,
    sorry to bother you...
    After over a year I tried to upgrade from the latest 2.x to 3.x (with the omv-release-upgrade command).
    The only plug-in I have installed is Snapraid.
    Unfortunately after many attempts I have the same "grub" error console.
    If there is a guide about it, please point me there... :)

Here the system info

Thanks in advance for your help!

If I have to use another version of MariaDB (for example 5.5 or 5.1) I have to change just the "Repo" field and keep the same "Key" value ?