Posts by maxman

Do not know what to compare. Deep settings are not compared (via regedit). Basic settings like IP, mask, DNS, GW are good - all of PCs are set to DHCP. DHCP server is my Mikrotik. All of PCs have 1Gbit/s network card.

Can you tell me what settings to compare?

My setup:
    Desktop PC Windows 7 Pro (latest updates, Windows installed maybe 2 years ago - can be dirty maybe) - slow speed from samba to PC (30MB/s)
    Notebook Windows 7 Pro (latest updates, installed maybe 10 days ago - clean) - slow speed as on PC (30MB/s from samba to notebook)
    Notebook Windows 7 Home Premium (latest updates, installed xy years ago) - slow speed, but higher than 30MB - average 45-50MB/s
    Notebook Windows 7 Home Premium (not latest updates, clean install) - good speeds around 80 - 90MB/s

I try to use some live Linux to test speeds on Windows 7 Pro machines

I tried use kernel firmware for nic but without success. Speeds are same as before.

I think it is a bug in Windows 7 Professional because in Home Premium speeds are above 80MB/s.
    I try ask on other forums if someone can solve this problem. But if someone here can help - I appreciate it.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Tested speeds on another PC with Windows 7 Pro 32bit - same slow speed.
    Now tested also on notebook with Windows 7 Home Premium and there are speeds above 100MB/s in both directions. Now i am confused...

I installed new Realtek drivers after noticed speed problems. I downloaded newest drivers from Realtek webpage as mentioned in earlier post.
    I do not understand why in one direction are good speeds ane in another are slow...

My disks are in good condition - tested it with dd and speeds are above 120MB/s

Hi,

I have a problem with network speed while copy from/to my NAS. Till today I have speeds from 80MB/s to 100MB/s (NAS, PC and switch is at 1Gbit network). Few days ago I noticed slow speed while copying files.
    Now are speeds:
    Copy from PC to NAS: max. 80MB/s (average 60-70MB/s)
    Copy from NAS to PC: max. 30MB/s

I change nothing on NAS (no new plugins or programs). Only apply new patches for OMV. Tested another notebook/PC with 1Gbit/s network card with same slow speed :(

Can someone help me with this problem?
    My MB is MSI B85M-E45 with Realtek® 8111G network

Problem solved with help from Jiaz from jdownloader forum.

Start script: /etc/init.d/jdownloader

Must add:

Code
    export LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
    export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
    export LC_COLLATE="C"

after PATH=.. in the script

Now non english characters are in UTF-8 and no problem with SAMBA share and mangle.

EDIT:
    Please edit start script for jdownloader plugin in new version. Thank you.

Tried to find start script alone and found it. But after edit still no good encoding.

Found script: /etc/init.d/jdownloader

Edited this line: JD_ARGS='-Djava.awt.headless=true -jar JDownloader.jar

Final result: JD_ARGS='-Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar JDownloader.jar'

When I test download file: still faulty encoding
    This time is messed final file (downloaded) but temporary file (when downloading) is in good encoding. After download temporary file is not deleted (it is 0 size) and downloaded file is still with bad naming.

Cany anyone check this please. I use newest OMV, OMV extras and jdownloader too.
    Thank you for any help.

EDIT:
    Tried run jdownloader manually (without script) and downloaded files are with good encoding. When start edited script - encoding is bad. One of jdownnload developer tell me that script must contain export of LOCALE:

The script does not contain a single export of LOCALE?!
    You need to export them in the script!
    I suggest to create a script that does

Code
    #/bin/shexport
    LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
    export LC_COLLATE="C"
    java -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar JDownloader.jar

I do not have knowledge to do it and ask you to implement this into jdownload plugin.
    I know you have lot to do with OMV 3 and plugins but hope you find some time to edit this script.

Thank you for your time

Same problem as pin
    Opened thread on jdownloader forum: https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=67428
    In last post from Jiaz:
    Your LOCALE setup is messed upsun.jnu.encoding: ANSI_X3.4-1968 (from LOG)

Please update your start script

Code
    For example
    export LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
    export LC_COLLATE="C"
    java -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar JDownloader.jar

My locale is set:

How can I edit startup script or where to find it?
    Can anyone help or is needed to release new repaired version of jdownloader?

Hi,

I am looking for plugin or something else to synchronize my android contacts/calendar (maybe files too) with my OMV.
    Is there some solution for this task?

Found ownCloud plugin (but it is outdated version :( )

Sorry for opening old post but i had similar problem.

My system disk is going to die (S.M.A.R.T. report: bad blocks). I need to backup my system drive and recover it to new drive (maybe SSD). I can backup old drive but not found how to recover it to new (maybe smaller SSD).

When I clone my old drive to new one - what happened to UUID (system disk) and similar stuff? I am begginer in Linux and had only experience with cloning Windows.

Tried omv-firstaid and option 2. Web interface is now working, but not my website hosted on my nas (502 Bad Gateway). My web interface is on port 1111 without SSL. My website is secured on port 443 (when access on unsecured port 80 - automatic transfer to 443).

Did not resolve problem :(

Code
    root@NAS:~# service nginx start
    Starting nginx: nginx: [emerg] SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file("/certs/23da7f80-d3aa-4f0d-93fe-47c78bba9321.crt") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib error:140DC002:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file:system lib)
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed