Posts by maxman

OK. I installed nginx, copied config files (omv-update purge openmediavault-nginx :( )
    But when try to start nginx:

Code
    root@NAS:~# service nginx restart
    Restarting nginx: nginx: [emerg] SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file("/certs/23da7f80-d3aa-4f0d-93fe-47c78bba9321.crt") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib error:140DC002:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file:system lib)
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

EDIT: not yet restarted NAS

When uninstall nginx can i leave my config files untouched? Or must configure nginx from start? (I have hosted website on my NAS)

omv-mkconf omvextrasorg - result OK
    apt-get update - result OK
    apt-get -f install - ERROR

Hi,i try to upgrade OMV to 2.x but ended with errors:

Now i try to logon to web interface but no GUI is visible I try again:

Code
    @NAS:~# omv-release-upgrade
    -bash: /usr/sbin/omv-release-upgrade: No such file or directory

Hi, i received email from my NAS:

What mean this?:
    The following packages have been kept back:
    openmediavault-snapraid

My OMV is 1.19, OMV-Extras 1.25 and Kernel 3.16

Problem was magically solved. I do not know how.... Stopped VirtualBox in OMV webinterface. Few times tried apt-get remove virtualbox.... with errors. As last option i wrote: apt-get -f install and it installed virtualbox 4.3.22 - magic...
    Tried apt-get -f install also yesterday and today few times but with errors. And now it worked.....

apt-get remove virtualbox

Code
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package 'virtualbox' is not installed, so not removed
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    virtualbox-extpack-installer : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 (>= 4.3.22) but 4.3.20-96996~Debian~wheezy is to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

apt-get remove virtualbox-4.3

Code
    Building dependency tree
    openmediavault-virtualbox : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 but it is not going to be installed
    phpvirtualbox : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 but it is not going to be installed
    virtualbox-extpack-installer : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 (>= 4.3.22) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

apt-get remove virtualbox-extpack-installer

Code
    Building dependency tree
    openmediavault-virtualbox : Depends: virtualbox-extpack-installer but it is not going to be installed

I am stuck now...

Thank you for idea with backup. But how to solve problematic upgrade of virtualbox?

I tried now "apt-get -f install virtualbox"

Code
    Building dependency tree
    virtualbox : Depends: libgsoap2 but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: libvncserver0 but it is not going to be installed
    virtualbox-4.3 : Conflicts: virtualbox
    virtualbox-extpack-installer : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 (>= 4.3.22) but 4.3.20-96996~Debian~wheezy is to be installed

EDIT: Now I noticed that web interface is not working for virtualbox:

Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)

When I tried open web interface via OMV interface (phpVirtualBox):

Code
    Error #64:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)' in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/lib/vboxconnector.php:210
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/virtualbox.inc(176): vboxconnector->connect()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceVirtualBox->getMachines(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getMachines', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('VirtualBox', 'getMachines', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Hi,

today I try to upgrade VirtualBox to version 4.3.22 via Update Manager. When I try to upgrade I get this:

Tried putty:
    apt-get upgrade

Code
    Building dependency tree
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these.
    virtualbox-extpack-installer : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 (>= 4.3.22) but 4.3.20-96996~Debian~wheezy is installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

and apt-get -f upgrade - it say that VM is running and only OK button is present

Can someone help me upgrade VM? Till today are upgrades of VM without problem.

Hi,

I noticed that my NAS is sometime using 100% of CPU time. After searching what happened I found that process "kswapd0" using 100% of CPU resoruces. Sometime it last few minutes, somtime few hours. Then drop to 0%.

My NAS:
    OMV Release: 1.9
    Linux NAS 3.16-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.3-2~bpo70+1 (2014-09-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Installed latest updates

Now i have this problem again.

Can anyone help with this problem?

EDIT:

I tried

Code
    echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

and kswapd0 drop to 0% CPU. But I tried it few days earlier too and today "100% kswapd0" was back