Beiträge von jeremymaul82

TL:DR = Updated system then my files are all gone but folders are still there.

So I ran OMV5 on a SFF with a USB-C drive caddy connected. This drive has 4 drives in it, 2 are directly mounted and 2 are in a Raid1. I have a 60GB SSD for the OS and a 500GB drive for docker, configs etc.
    I have a restart scheduled Saturday AM before I wake up. This seems to have gone fine, but I forgot to check for updates this week so I did that Saturday evening right about 9:30-9:45pm.
    I did not read all the updates, just scrolled through the list to see how many and selected all and updated them. I then went on watching a Plex movie, my wife was also watching a show from Plex. Wife finished her episode at 9:55 and her next episode wouldn't start, Plex said "An error occurred loading items to play."
    So I stop my movie and check Plex and I am literally watching my collection vanish.

I go to the OMV web gui again and check drives thinking they just didn't mount but they are mounted and show empty.

I immediately reboot the system and sure enough they are all gone. All my files that were not explicitly locked by the system are gone.

I have Docker running all my stuff from the configs on the 500GB drive inside the PC case. The media drives are in a USB-C caddy, so I shut the system down and take the caddy to my PC and connect it to my Ubuntu VM and check there. All the folders are still there and anything that was downloading/seeding is there but everything in the 11~`12TB collection of movies, shows, music and ebooks are gone.

When I had rebooted I noticed most of my dockers failed to startup and all had errors.

I pulled the syslog to my PC and shut down OMV again.

I have since run extundelete from my Ubuntu VM and it didn't see anything to recover from any of the drives.

At this point I do not know what to look for or do.;(

UPDATE: I tried running the ext4magic and extundelete and neither are able to recover the data. ext4magic was able to retrieve some photos but then it just kept throwing errors. This was just on the 1st drive, I might try the other drives later but I am pretty resolved to the fact that I will just need to start fresh.