Posts by FREAKJAM

Quote from "miras"

Everyone interesting are welcome to join the development. I have my one git repository which is open to everyone, for read that is:-), and can be found here:
    http://git.datanom.net/gitweb/?p=omvzfs.git;a=summary

I have done some preliminary tests and the real development will begin now. At the moment I have a stable class diagram (missing the final representation of NFS and SMB in Dataset class. Also miss the interface implementing the iSCSI, NFS and SMB hooks (I have forgotten the names;-)), the final BNF, and template class files (not pushed yet but will be later today).

Very interesting. Will this plugin work with OMV 0.5 or do we have to wait for OMV 0.6 (Debian Wheezy?)

Forgot to mention i'm using the backports kernel (3.2.0-0.bpo.4-amd64), but I guess that won't matter.
    I created 3 disks with ext4 as filesystem as a test and I can now select a parity disk indeed. Thanks :D

edit:
    added 6 disks to content, and 4 to data. Set 2 disks as parity. The first sync is done (only took a few minutes since drives are empty).

Created 4 shares on each drive and created a poolshare on the first drive. Linked the 4 branches to the poolshare. (AUFS)
    Getting 150mb/s write speeds when doing 3 files simultanously 2GB. With standard OMV RAID 6 setup i was able to get ~500mb/s max.
    Any reason to use Greyhole instead of AUFS btw?

New OMV user here :)

Running OMV 0.5 in a virtual environment (ESXi 5.5). Stumbled upon snapraid and i'm very interested to try this.
    I formatted each disk indivually and mounted them (6 drives total, sda is not listed since it's my virtual disk in esxi where OMV is installed on )

added 4 drives in snapraid - data (since i have 6 disks, i want to add 4 data drives and use 2 parity disks)

When i want to set a parity disk, im not able to select one. What am I doing wrong? (when i tick q-parity i am able to select a second disk btw)

Long story short;
    How can I fix this, and what's the way to go? Should I stick to OMV raid or should i go with snapraid? I'l mainly host mediafiles (XBMC) on my disks plus ESXi backups/snapshots.