Posts by Sn00zE

Just picked up something weird after fresh install of OMV.

The network device name under the GUI is different from the ssh session when doing "ip a".

During setup it was enp3s0 and now says enp4s0 via commandline

GUI:

enp3s0

SSH Command line:

enp4s0

How is this possible? Which one is correct?

There are two nic's on this motherboard and I'm only using the one.

And still not able to remove your docker network (maybe in Portainer)

Docker service is stopped, portainer is living in the docker service on this server. So that will not work.

After the network was created I lost all connectivity to the server. :(

will need to reinstall docker probably then

Hi There,

I tried to create a docker network with the same ip range of my home network and now my OMV server has no network connectivity. Guess that was not a good idea.

Rebooted the server and logged in via command console, docker service is not responding, unable to run docker commands.

Tried to change the OMV Server ip to 192.168.1.100 via omv-firstaid which was successful.

Docker service still not responding.

OMV Server:

ip: 192.168.0.100

subnet: 255.255.255.0

gateway: 192.168.0.1

Docker network:

name: MyNetwork

range: 192.168.0.0/24

gateway: 192.168.0.1

Anyone have any ideas?

Is there a way to remove this stupid network i created from the docker config file before docker service would start?

EDIT:

Currently trying to "systemctl disable docker.service" but its really slow and still running

Your system is a mess. I would consider a fresh install. As long as your docker containers and VM disks are on data disks, it should be easy to recreate everything.

Damn, also think so yes, cant do any installs or even uninstalls of packages.

Just to check, I have my docker containers on a data disk. Can the previous docker data be imported, ie. all the previous settings and docker profiles?

Guess I have to redo all my samba folder permissions for all shares? Had ACL settings on media directories.

There were some updates available in the UI so I tried to run them. Now i dont have a UI - 502 Bad Gateway Ngnix

See attached list for updates output

Files

• Updates.txt

(63.05 kB, downloaded 55 times, last: )

Hi Guys,

I need some guidance on upgrading my current server distribution to the latest.

Am I safe to follow the upgrade guide https://openmediavault.readthe…o/en/5.x/various/apt.html or should I look at Upgrade Scripts for non-interactive major release upgrades (2->3, 3->4, 4->5) and do the upgrade one release at a time?

My biggest question, which is a nightmare to confirm, is the addons. Below is some information about the addons i still have active and installed. most other addons was removed I don't need anymore or was replaced by docker containers.

Also, there allot of errors during "apt-get update", anything to be concerned about?

Currently on V3.0.100 (Erasmus)

dpkg -l | grep openm

Code
    ii openmediavault 3.0.100 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-docker-gui 3.1.9 amd64 OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker
    ii openmediavault-fail2ban 1.3.1 all OpenMediaVault Fail2ban plugin
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.32 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    pc openmediavault-pyload 3.0 all OpenMediaVault pyLoad plugin
    ii openmediavault-virtualbox 3.0.8 all VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.

apt list --installed | grep openmediavault-

Code
    openmediavault-docker-gui/now 3.1.9 amd64 [installed,upgradable to: 4.1.6]
    openmediavault-fail2ban/now 1.3.1 all [installed,upgradable to: 4.0.2]
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg/now 3.4.32 all [installed,upgradable to: 4.1.16]
    openmediavault-virtualbox/now 3.0.8 all [installed,upgradable to: 4.1.2]

apt-get update

apt-get update.txt

Okay after doing a bunch of things and some cleanups i got this far:

ii openmediavault 3.0.80 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-backup 3.6 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-nut 3.2.12 all OpenMediaVault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.15 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii openmediavault-pyload 3.0 all OpenMediaVault pyLoad plugin
    ii openmediavault-radarr 3.0 all OpenMediaVault Radarr plugin
    ii openmediavault-sabnzbd 3.2.4 all SABnzbd plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-sonarr 3.2 all OpenMediaVault Sonarr plugin
    ii openmediavault-teamspeak3 3.4 all OpenMediaVault TeamSpeak 3 plugin
    ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 3.0.9 all OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.

Is there a way to upgrade plex without purging it?

The file is completely empty. Should I add these from above?

Hi there,

Before i did the update i checked that all plugins are supported by 3.0.

Update ran and there were some errors about Postfix, bsd-mailx and two others that i did not take note of now. Tried a reboot and then apt-get -f install.

Seems like everything is done and did a reboot again.

Most of my plugins have started and seems to be working except for plex.

Now i cant login to my admin gui.

Can anyone help with this below??

results of dpkg -l | grep openm

ii openmediavault 3.0.80 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-backup 1.0.11 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-fail2ban 1.1.5 all OpenMediaVault Fail2ban plugin
    pc openmediavault-flashmemory 1.7 all fs2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-nut 3.2.12 all OpenMediaVault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.15 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii openmediavault-pyload 1.0.4 all OpenMediaVault pyLoad plugin
    ii openmediavault-radarr 2.0 all OpenMediaVault Radarr plugin
    ii openmediavault-sabnzbd 1.0.12 all OpenMediaVault SABnzbd plugin
    ii openmediavault-sonarr 1.1 all OpenMediaVault Sonarr(NzbDrone) plugin
    ii openmediavault-teamspeak3 2.2 all OpenMediaVault TeamSpeak 3 plugin
    ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 1.4 all OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.
    ii openmediavault-virtualbox 1.3 all VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.

Okay, not sure what happened but since the updates I ran today this issue seems to have been resolved. Just did as ups power down and start up again and PMS is running fine now.

Sorry about this. We had load-shedding yesterday (Updates not applied yet) and after starting the server PMS did not start. Today I applied the new updates for PMS and OMV and it seems to be working.

Will have to monitor this and see if it happens again in the future.

Marked Resolved for now.

No I did a new install back in October 2014, not sure what the version was beck then, when I build the server and have been doing regular updates since then.

Using "/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status" it would say service is not running then after using "/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start" it would say service is now running but I can't access PMS.

I will simulate the shut-down and use "/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start" and then reboot the server.